Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
running_bear

Garlic Gums Reaction

Is it normal for 2 cloves of garlic a day for 9 days to inflame your gums? I've heard it has something to do with the sulfur. Is it safe for oral health or is it going to cause some sort of oral disease?

Is it normal for 2 cloves of garlic a day for 9 days to inflame your gums? I've heard it has something to do with the sulfur. Is it safe for oral health or is it going to cause some sort of oral disease?

No that's not normal. Garlic isn't going to do that unless for some odd reason it's causing a specific localised effect due to either the sulfur content or perhaps microbial kill-off.

If it's the latter then you can expect it to subside even if you continue the garlic intake. Also be aware that continued use everyday of garlic can result in temporary GI problems. So you should maybe cut back a bit. Not the amount, but the frequency.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Why are you eating 2 cloves of garlic a day for 9 days? Did someone tell you that garlic helps acne and this is why you are doing it? If you like garlic (I have no clue why you would), then it's cool. But I have a feeling someone gave you some terrible advice and told you to go out and eat garlic for over a week. If so, you have been fooled and I want to know where this advice originated from. Case closed.

:ninja:

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Why are you eating 2 cloves of garlic a day for 9 days? Did someone tell you that garlic helps acne and this is why you are doing it? If you like garlic (I have no clue why you would), then it's cool. But I have a feeling someone gave you some terrible advice and told you to go out and eat garlic for over a week. If so, you have been fooled and I want to know where this advice originated from. Case closed.

I think acne is just a problem caused by shitty diet combined with incompetent dermatologists who give people antibiotics for 2 years straight. What they really do is weaken your immune system so they can keep you on pills forever, and so you have to keep going back for treatment. Anyway, garlic is known to stimulate immune activity and eliminates yeast overgrowth which is caused by antibiotic treatment. It lowers LDL cholestorol and raises HDL cholestorol. It goes good with yogurt too.

In conclusion, antibiotics = weakened immune system = yeast overgrowth = your acne is worse once you are off antibiotics.

Agreed

I think acne is just a problem caused by shitty diet combined with incompetent dermatologists who give people antibiotics for 2 years straight. What they really do is weaken your immune system so they can keep you on pills forever, and so you have to keep going back for treatment. Anyway, garlic is known to stimulate immune activity and eliminates yeast overgrowth which is caused by antibiotic treatment. It lowers LDL cholestorol and raises HDL cholestorol. It goes good with yogurt too.

In conclusion, antibiotics = weakened immune system = yeast overgrowth = your acne is worse once you are off antibiotics.

Agreed!

Agreed

Agree again. Finally some people are on the same page! :D Case closed.