Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jml519

sleeping on back versus stomach

I have always slept on my side or stomach and of course with csr this is a no-no as you are more likely to smear bp around your face via movement, "smushing" your skin, and transferring from your pillowcase. Try as I might, I cannot get comfortable and cannot sleep on my back and after laying there forever, I always end up on my stomach. Then I lay there and consciously try to make sure the areas around my eyes don't touch the pillow so as not to get bp there. It's really kind of disruptive and annoying. Has anyone with this same habit successfully gone from laying on your stomach to laying on your back and if so have you noticed that this has improved your results with csr?

I started sleeping on my back when I was 15 because didnt want to get any grease from the pillow on my face. It helped reduce my acne a bit (this was way before I was any regimen).

More recently I've tried to position my pillows so that neither of my cheeks touch the pillows at any point during the night. Obviously this is very very hard because of the amount you move around in your sleep.

I really want someone to invent a little 'brace' which very lightly holds your head in one position so that your nose is always pointed directly at the ceiling! Obviously you'd lose a lot of sleep when getting used to it, but eventually you'd be fine...

I sleep however I like, often on my stomach and side, and I don't have any problems with break-outs from it. I use white pillow cases so there isn't any bleaching, and I wash them every week.

So I'd say to sleep however you're comfortable (because good sleep is good for you), and use white, clean pillowcases.

Cam >B)

Go to WalMart or whoever has good deals on pillow cases and buy a large quantity of them. That way you change pillowcases every 3 days or so. You can sleep however you like because you will have fresh linen touching your face. This is what I do.

yuup i just wash several pillowcases with my laundry and then use them for two days before i swap them, each day i sleep on the opposite side of the pillow once ive slept on each side once, swap

Getting good sleep is probably better for you than worrying about your sleep position!

If the BP has completely dried on your face then it has soaked in & won't "rub off". Just wait like 10-20 minutes before you go to sleep after applying BP.

Like everyone else has said, change your pillowcase every other night and your sheets often too (at least once a week....that should be common sense though).

I am mostly a back sleeper anyway, but I do use a clean pillowcase. I use one side one night, the next night I flip it over to the other side, then the third night I put a clean one one, and so on.

I'm also paranoid and don't use any fabric softener when I wash my pillowcases, for fear the fabric softener residue will get on my face! lol.

I admit it, I am a side sleeper. I use white pillowcases and change every 3rd day (1st day one side, 2nd day other side, 3rd day change) and I have not had issues with breaking out.