Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whiskers McCoy

I might actually go mental

I woke up this morning and realise I have three days(including today)before I have to move to university.

I dont wanna go.

My family and friends keep saying to me 'are ya excited?!! :D ' and my stomach literally drops and Im just like 'kinda :confused: '.

Im really not looking forward to it at all.

Its not just my skin though.

I mean thats part of it, cause I'll just feel like hiding all the time when I'm there.

But I've been thinking whether this is really what I want to do.

And I was talkin to my mum and she can like read my thoughts and she said 'dont go if your only going cause ur friends are'.

She totally read my mind, my best friend is goin to the same uni, and I feel a loyalty to go.

But I dont think she'd want me to go if I really didnt want to.

I tried to bloody talk about it to my dad this morning :rolleyes: I was like, sittin messin with my bowl of cereal at the table contemplating it all, and my dad comes in.

And I was askin him what he was doin when he was 18(to ease into the topic).

So he was tellin me how he never went to uni til later on(so I was like hmmm, mite be a good time to mention not goin).

So I said maybe I could defer for a year, and get a job, to gain some experience and then go to uni.

This didnt go down well at all :wall:

He immediately went into the 'I never had these opportunities when I was your age' speech.

With a zooped up chorus of 'you'll regret it in a year'

I want to work with animals, my dad knows this, but hes like 'you'll hardly gain any life experience brushing dogs coats for a year'(he wants me to go down the academic route).

Oh panties :cry:

I hate making decisions.

Im the worst person in the world to make decisions.

But I thought the whole point of becoming an adult was to BE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS AND CHOICES?

So Ive decided that Im goin to remove what my parents think, and what my friends think from the equation.

Ill take there advice into account.

But when I woke up and realised that, wait a minute, I actually did have a choice, I could do what I wanted, it was like I was seeing clearly for the first time.

I think I'd just been coasting along for months on the idea of uni.

I dont know.

Im very confused right now.

Just spoke to my mum on the phone, she was a bit 'hmmm' but I think she would support me whatever I decided.

Im gonna have a really big think about it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

if your not looking forward to going and the only reason is for your friend then i would say don't go. Unless you personally want to then don't, your an adult like you say and you can make your own decisions you don't have to go just to please your friend and your dad if you don't want to.

dam was a long rant, only read the first line but you have needs embrace your womanhood, sorry that probably had nothing to do with what you said but just sounded funny in my head

Hey...I feel sorry that ur going thru all this but i think every1 goes thru this at 1 stage of their life and when u look back u realise its actually a good thing....

Atleast u r able to sit back and think about what you want 2 do and about how u feel because most people just blindly follow or go thru with things until they realise ooops big mistake...

So take this moment to reflect and think about what step 2 take first bcos thers no rule saying you have to know and plan 4 the rest of ur life right now this second...that takes time and comes to u by experiencing....

What are u studying at uni at the moment?

Hope all goes well hun :)

I suppose that at your age it is good that you are working on asserting your independence. I know that it is hard...I made a similar difficult decision at your age.

It seems you are feeling that you should take a year off.

As an adult.....(I can't beleive I just wrote that).....I think in the long run you would regret not going to uni, especially if you get derailed, amd don't ever end up going.

...but you are on your way to flexing your independence muscles and making your own decisions---best of luck.....

Aw ernie i completely understand what you are going through and my biggest word of wisdom to you would be that moving away to attend uni has to feel like 100% a decision you know you want to make and that the change resulting from it will be something you know you can cope with. I was just a young pup of 17 when i moved away and i was completely ready and now i'm 19 and uni is the best thing ever. The independence, being around your friends in an a relaxed environment, it really is what life is about :)

I really think you've just got to make your own path through life doing whatever feels right, and we all fail and have hiccups when we want things to go smoothly but that's just the cycle of life my dear :(

Have a good think ok and we're all here for you hun

if your not looking forward to going and the only reason is for your friend then i would say don't go. Unless you personally want to then don't, your an adult like you say and you can make your own decisions you don't have to go just to please your friend and your dad if you don't want to.

thanx mate, Im just gonna really think about it. :think:

dam was a long rant, only read the first line but you have needs embrace your womanhood, sorry that probably had nothing to do with what you said but just sounded funny in my head

:lol:

Hey...I feel sorry that ur going thru all this but i think every1 goes thru this at 1 stage of their life and when u look back u realise its actually a good thing....

Atleast u r able to sit back and think about what you want 2 do and about how u feel because most people just blindly follow or go thru with things until they realise ooops big mistake...

So take this moment to reflect and think about what step 2 take first bcos thers no rule saying you have to know and plan 4 the rest of ur life right now this second...that takes time and comes to u by experiencing....

What are u studying at uni at the moment?

Hope all goes well hun :)

thanx rose, I would be starting this year studying journalism and creative writing :think: dont even kno why im doin tthat course :wall:

I suppose that at your age it is good that you are working on asserting your independence. I know that it is hard...I made a similar difficult decision at your age.

It seems you are feeling that you should take a year off.

As an adult.....(I can't beleive I just wrote that).....I think in the long run you would regret not going to uni, especially if you get derailed, amd don't ever end up going.

...but you are on your way to flexing your independence muscles and making your own decisions---best of luck.....

Im thinkin a year off in a job, would help me gain some confidence back :think: but Im so confused now

Aw ernie i completely understand what you are going through and my biggest word of wisdom to you would be that moving away to attend uni has to feel like 100% a decision you know you want to make and that the change resulting from it will be something you know you can cope with. I was just a young pup of 17 when i moved away and i was completely ready and now i'm 19 and uni is the best thing ever. The independence, being around your friends in an a relaxed environment, it really is what life is about :)

I really think you've just got to make your own path through life doing whatever feels right, and we all fail and have hiccups when we want things to go smoothly but that's just the cycle of life my dear :(

Have a good think ok and we're all here for you hun

thanx mate, always good advice :wub: I think I do wanna go, but when I can really enjoy it u know