Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

Super food-Himalayan goji juice has more beta-carotine than carrots and more vitamin C than oranges

http://www.gojiaustralia.com.au/

Goji Facts

Contains 19 amino acids -- the building blocks of protein -- including nine that essential to the body.

Contains 21 trace minerals.

Contains more protein than whole wheat

Contains Vitamin C at higher levels than oranges.

Contains complete spectrum of antioxidant carotenoids, including beta-carotene (a better source than even carrots) and zeaxanthin (protects the eyes). Goji berries are among the richest source of carotenoids of all known foods.

Contains Solavetivone, a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial compound.

Contains essential fatty acids, which are required for the body's production of hormones and the smooth functioning of the brain and nervous system.

Contains Beta-Sitosterol, an anti-inflammatory agent.

Are goji berries a super food?

Scientists have discovered that there is a small group of 'super- foods' that have up to twenty times the anti-oxidant power of other foods.

These super-foods provide more anti-oxidant power than large doses of vitamin supplements. They found Goji berries contain 22 polysaccharides - some of which are totally unique to this plant.

One of these polysaccharides has been found to be a powerful secretagogue (substances that stimulate the endocrine system to increase hormonal secretions) - and that stimulates the pituitary gland to secret the rejuvenative human growth hormone, which helps build muscle tone and repair skin cells.

By helping to clean up free radicals before they can damage DNA, Goji berries help prevent cancers from ever starting and researchers now report that Goji's blend of amino acids can actually repair already damaged DNA, converting it back to its cancer free form.

Yeah goji berries are really healthy, taste a bit like a mix between raisins and cranberries with a hint of dried shrimp :) But yeah, there's a hell of a lot of good stuff in there.

What's cool is even though we can only get them dried, dried fruits seem to have even higher antioxidant values then their fresh counterparts... if someone wants to challenge me on this go ahead because I'm not absolutely positive, but looking at the ORAC tables, prunes have a much higher ORAC score then plums, raisins higher then grapes, etc. I wouldn't mind tryign fresh goji's though...

A few other superfoods to research are bee pollen, spirulina/chlorella, cacao (the raw nibs), and aloe vera.

Yeah goji berries are really healthy, taste a bit like a mix between raisins and cranberries with a hint of dried shrimp :) But yeah, there's a hell of a lot of good stuff in there.

What's cool is even though we can only get them dried, dried fruits seem to have even higher antioxidant values then their fresh counterparts... if someone wants to challenge me on this go ahead because I'm not absolutely positive, but looking at the ORAC tables, prunes have a much higher ORAC score then plums, raisins higher then grapes, etc. I wouldn't mind tryign fresh goji's though...

A few other superfoods to research are bee pollen, spirulina/chlorella, cacao (the raw nibs), and aloe vera.

superfoods cost money :doh: