Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

Has anyone tried Physicians Formula?

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

i haven't heard much in here about this line... just curious if people like this company's loose mineral powder (left) -- which is supposed to be the equivalent of a mineral foundation. or their pressed powder (middle), which is like a setting/blotting powder, i guess? i am also VERY interested in trying their "crystal ball concealer" in green (right), which apparently has salicylic acid in it and is marketed as being good for acne-prone skin & widespread redness. anyone tried that? here's a link to the "mineral wear" page on their site, too...

thanks for your comments!

I tried it and didn't care for it. Didn't cover well (and I don't need much), made me a little itchy, and kinda dried me out.

Made my face itch quite a bit!!

But other than that will re-use if I ever really need it. Gives good coverage and the cost is pretty good the stores I go to always have it on SALE!

I tried the Pressed mineral powder; I didn't like it very much. The colour was too dark, and it made me look greasy. It was pretty expensive too. ($20). I returned mine.

Guest PurpleHaze1

boo for PF, IT SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

made me breakout really really bad and i only used it for 2 weeks! :wall:

I agree. although it didnt break me out really, It just I dunno....doesnt look great. It doesnt have enough coverage as I was would like and goes on way to flakey and powdery. I am still using it because my skin is startin to get shitty and I dont want to breakout, but for coverage wise its really not good :( .

I use the loose mineral powder. I love it. It never breaks me out and it's not cakey. I've also used their CoverTox-10 undereye concealer. Worked wonders for puffiness and fine lines. Sometimes, if I have a megazit, I use the magic cube concealer in green, which works well (doesn't have salicylic acid).

Guest PurpleHaze1

It doesnt break me out either, but I just dont ssee the point in this... Its like too light...Doesnt cover up my redness at all. Its good for the first hour or 2 but after that it looks like shit.. Its good in the fact that its not heavy or cakey but if a makeup doesnt cover then no need in me using it. And this makeup really doesnt cover at all for me.

I really like the loose powder . . . doesn't break me out or dry me out or make me oily. Sort of just keeps my skin at the status quo, which I suppose is a good thing. It's light coverage, really. I put concealer on under it and it looks pretty decent (as decent as one can get with zit-city going on). Blush and eye makeup go on smoothly on top of it, too.

I have the loose powder and the liquid mineral foundation (with the special sponge top). Neither product breaks me out. In fact, I use them when my skin is really acting out because it seems to like them. The loose powder is a low-mica formula, so it doesn't magnify large pores. The key to getting good coverage is to layer on light layer after light layer. To do this you have to tap off almost all of the powder on the brush before applying it to your face. It isn't a quick process. The problem I have with these products is that the shade isn't quite right for me -- just a tad too light. In winter, it should be fine. But now I have a tan.

Since both products are too light, when I wear them I have to do lots of blending. But I must say that I get more compliments on my skin when I wear those products than I do otherwise.

I love the mineral eye brightener. I wear it almost every day, even when I don't have makeup on the rest of my face. It does just what it promises!

i used to have the pressed powder and didnt like it because the color was off on for my skin, a bit too dark. i have the loose powder now and i like it ALOT. it doesnt seem to break me out at all and it gives good coverage when used on top of a foundation. (i use covergirl freshlook liquid foundation)

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

i haven't heard much in here about this line... just curious if people like this company's loose mineral powder (left) -- which is supposed to be the equivalent of a mineral foundation. or their pressed powder (middle), which is like a setting/blotting powder, i guess? i am also VERY interested in trying their "crystal ball concealer" in green (right), which apparently has salicylic acid in it and is marketed as being good for acne-prone skin & widespread redness. anyone tried that? here's a link to the "mineral wear" page on their site, too...

thanks for your comments!

I just began using Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder this week. This one is supposed to be good for extra-sensitive or break-out prone skin. It is fragrance free and non comedogenic.

The appearance is like the second picture you posted, and it appears to be pressed powder but when you rub the brush over it, it loosens very quickly. So far, I have no complaints. It is very natural (mine is in translucent), almost unnoticeable but seems to help even out some.

I just bought some last night and tried it and I started to itch right away. I just wonder if it was psychological itching because I expected it to itch. Who knows!

I use the loose powder and love it. I put it over my foundation ONLY on parts of my skin that need extra coverage.. covers any redness in a snap!

I used it for a few days but didn't notice much difference. I don't like looking like I have make on and that green stuff stayed green on me.

I just started using the mineral wear foundation and powder, i like that it's talc free I also used the green conceler stick so far this is the best for coverage for me, so I'm going to keep using this stuff.

thanks everyone, for all your input! i actually bought each powder to try... i went to like 5 different places and couldn't find the green stuff, so i gave up and bought neutrogena green corrector instead.

right now i'm going to experiment with this, and maybe intermittently work on my "everyday minerals" samples. and depending how that goes, after that i'm gonna see about joppa...

but my god! i never thought i'd say this, but i'm actually tired of trying new makeup. is it just me, or is trying to find a good one practically a full time job?! i mean, for me, it involves applying it slowly & precisely, in good sunlight (none of which is really possible on my regular work days), making sure to wash brushes religiously... and doing all of this for a long enough time (several weeks?) that you're able to accurately determine:

1) color match (very difficult for me)

2) wearability (horribly oily skin)

3) whether or not it breaks you out (so far, every makeup i've ever tried.. lol)

so given all that, your comments were super helpful :D