Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikee

Seriously...

what actually works for these stupid red marks left after acne.

..........other than time smartasses.

ps. im new to this part of the forums so don't call me a stupid asshole, i know i already am.

well ACV seems to work a little, iv been using for 2days and i see some imporvement in shallow scaring.

Glycolic acid works but you need to do regular peels.

vitamin E oils (oil i know, ask for a non-comedogenic one, i saw some in Body Shop :) )

those are the only ones i know of, dont waste your time with "off the shelf" products, pointless and expensive.

good luck :)

well ACV seems to work a little, iv been using for 2days and i see some imporvement in shallow scaring.

Glycolic acid works but you need to do regular peels.

vitamin E oils (oil i know, ask for a non-comedogenic one, i saw some in Body Shop :) )

those are the only ones i know of, dont waste your time with "off the shelf" products, pointless and expensive.

good luck :)

i need luck.

i took vitamin C for quite a while (say 7-9 months) and all my old red marks have faded and new red marks fade a lot quicker than usual. Maybe you should try it?

i took vitamin C for quite a while (say 7-9 months) and all my old red marks have faded and new red marks fade a lot quicker than usual. Maybe you should try it?

vit c tablets way easier/less embaressing 2 get a hold of. lol i just might. but seriously guys id rather have the luck LOL.

Guest buttonit

glycolic acid and topical vitamin c help a little..... i think time (a lot of time, mine are 4 years old and still look bad) or laser are the only real options. unless my red spots arent red marks but something else...

Guest buttonit

4 years? SHIT :shock:

i got smooth skin too just a few small indentations on my temples, and a slight one on my cheek. both of which are pretty damn unnoticeable. if i had no redmarks i would look great. im going to get laser soon.

4 years? SHIT :shock:

i got smooth skin too just a few small indentations on my temples, and a slight one on my cheeks. both of which are pretty damn unnoticeable. if i had no redmarks i would look great. im going to get laser soon.

if it takes more than a year 2 get rid of mines im guna get it, even if it means i gotta start working. mom gimme a loan :|

Guest buttonit

see, get a vitamin c serum and consume a lot of vitamin c to prevent scarring.

IPB Image

IPB Image

those dont look like theyve been there for 4years...

Guest buttonit

IPB Image

i wouldnt make that up

Thats what my right cheek looks exactly like. I think people mistake it as active acne..but its not, its really not.

I have people I know that swear by soaps, creams, etc... with Songyi extract in it. It's expensive at about 23 dolalrs canadian shipped for one and double that for 4 bars but it cleared their redmarks in about a month. It's been tested and proven to work better than close to 100% concentrations of Kojic acid and high concentrations of hydroquinone(Sp?), two things that are again proven to work on hyperpigmentation.

I believe there is a company in the UK that ships the 4 bars. They also have creams and serums and stuff. Natural fairness or something. There is also an e-bay seller that sells the individual soaps for about 10 pounds.

This is also used in many indian and asian products so you could check chinatown. Of course many of those products are dubious in quality(Except those in Japan which are very good and very expensive).

Other than that try the more aggressive acids like TCA or Jessners.

IPB Image

i wouldnt make that up

obviously i wasnt implying that you made it up, they just look like fresh new red marks. Like you had a breakout recently, but not 4 years ago, maybe its cause it super close up.

Guest buttonit

can you post your pics markymark? i would like to see your progress. i'm going to consume a lot of vitamin c and hope it'll help, i doubt it will :(.