Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

How long does it take for a pimple to form?

I've been really depressed about my skin lately, cannot do the CSR (see signature for more info), and do not want to use any other medications either. So what i'm trying to do is "experiment" to figure out my breakout triggers. Food, facial products, weather, pillowcases, etc. But when I made the conscious decision to make a project out of it, I realized that without knowing a pimple's "incubation period," so to speak, diagnosing triggers is pretty much impossible.

Anyway, since I won't be using any meds, listening to my body is very important to me right now. I've heard pimple formation can take a full two weeks... but then sometimes it seems like a pimple comes out of nowhere, and pops up overnight! Can anybody straighten out the facts? Other posters? Brandy? Dan?

Thanks everyone.

Without that information, it seems impossible to "experiment" to figure out one's triggers... which is very important to me right now.

I've heard it can take a full two weeks... but then sometimes it seems like a pimple comes out of nowhere, and pops up overnight! Can anybody straighten out the facts?

They say up to 6 months...i say BS...i say more or less a couple damn days.

The reason i say this is because i've been using BP and Benzaclin now, but it's to the point where i've been using it for over a year. My acne is gone and i'm maintaining it, just like cruse control on a car...it's not very hard to maintain a speed or well certain point of achievement. But like my damn girl friend feels compelled to kiss me on my face, and her hair is always on my face and she justs like touching my face and crap.

I've tried asking her not to, but she ignores me in some cute, oblivious way. So it's like i'm losing a battle with her and my face gets a little bit worse after she has her way with me....now if it took 2 weeks none of that should've gotten bad. I think your face can take a turn for bad and for good in a matter of hours if not a day. I've noticed one application of Benzaclin working on my face as soon as it was on for a matter of 8 hours.

I've also had my face go bad the next day after i drank tons of coke and ate junk food.

IMO i think it's days and or 8 or more hours. Reason being is all you need for a pimple is oil ( people touching your damn face like my GF makes it damn near impossible to elminate this) , dead skin cells and bacteria...the wall collapses and cause a pimple...this wouldn't take long if you think about it..oil, bacteria and the MILLIONS OF SKIN CELLS YOU SHED AT ANY GIVEN TIME OF THE DAY.

I think it varies. I was picking some skin off my chin ( I know :naughty: ) but after 2 days I had a huge zit right there. It only took 2 days to get rid of (<3 BP) but it showed up quickly.