Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalala

? re: regime + makeup- already checked forum for answers :)

Hi, I was just wondering whether those of you on the regiment wash the benzoal peroxide from your face prior to applying moisturizer + foundation...

I've found that applying moisturizer directly over the bp makes for a chalky paste; I also doubt that this combination makes the best use of either product.

(also want to say that I really like Panoxyl brand bp - it's a finer grain than most other brands. a little more expensive, 12 canadian bucks per tube, but very good results so far.)

No, if you're using bp, don't wash it off or you won't get the full effects of it.

I've found that applying moisturizer directly over the bp makes for a chalky paste; I also doubt that this combination makes the best use of either product.  

That's what I found initially but after a while, the skin accepts the bp much more easily and you really become proficient at rubbing it in. The trick is to hardly apply any pressure at all on the skin for either product. The downside is that you will find 15 minutes will pass by the time you have rubbed all the bp in. Then you must wait at least another 15 minutes before putting on moisturiser and that only takes about 2 minutes. You must remember to stroke the skin very gently.

As for the make up, it is hit and miss with me - some days it will glide on and other days (normally when I am in a hurry) it will all go terribly wrong, like drying and becoming flaky even before I have had a chance to blend it in. Therefore, I will leave it for someone else to come in here and advise on this.

Leave the Benzoyl Peroxide on your face. Wait at least 10 minutes before applying moisturizer & foundation. You might want to look into getting a tinted moisturizer, this way it eliminates having two steps (moisturizer & foundation).

I would only use the BP at night so I can glob it on and not worry about the moisturizer + makeup. At night after you put a lot of BP on, wait 10 minutes and then O:) moisturize!

i agree w/ jen.. i only use BP at night. in the morning, i wash, put on moisturizer, and concealor (that has SA)... and then onwards w/ the powder. it works pretty well for me. smile.gif

I find that I get better results if I use it morning and night though. Just make sure you completely rub in the BP. Then like they said, wait 10-15 minutes. Also, a REALLY good moisturizer for this (trust me, go buy some) is Eucerine Q-10 anti-wrinkle formula w/ SPF 15. It doesn't ball up or paste at all.