Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rache

Tips to prevent break outs

Hello I just wanted to share some tips with you that I KNOW a lot of you guys allready know and do.

I read it in Womans World. :cool:

Tip #1--Only wash your face ONCE a day why? Because eccesive washing of the skin is drying, irritating to your face sending your oil glands in over drive--proning yourself to more break outs.

Tip#2--Only use--oil-free, non-comdeginic moisterisers. And when your face is dry.

Tip #3--Never touch, pick your face. Even just to feel if its dry or not. Never touch.

Tip#4--Sleep with your hair pulled back every night, and change your pillow case, and wash your bed sheets on a regular basis.

Tip#5--No abrassive scrubbing motions or using wash cloths. Gentle is key.

Okay I do all of those tips. CEPT I do touch my face...I scartch it. Because its itchy, or I touch it sometimes when I am unaware that I am doing it. And I DO wash my face twice a day, and it is some wat dry..hmm. Maybe I should only do it at night.

once a day? right i see the point they make, but after a days ork/college and all the exposure to the crap in the air, thats gonna clog your pores, then they expect you to forget that until the next morning? you can see those tips were from someone who never had acne

I started to wash my face only once a day, it was alright for a little bit. ( i dont have oily skin at all so thats why) but then in the mornings my face would look so dull and UNrefreshed. I dont know if was because i didnt do that for only but for 6 days or what- I used moisturizer in some places (applied with clean hands of course). Today i washed my face this morning and it actually feels better...Maybe i'll wash it once a day and ever so often in the morning..................IM IN decisive...ugh.

I know what you mean..I just like to wash my face twice a day. But the thing is the anti-bacterial derm prescirbed cleanser is a little drying to my face. So I can't use that twice..So recently I have been using Avon Vitamin Charged Cleanser. But that too..believe it or not is drying..I guess maybe one wash a day, and exfoliate in the shower in the morning should do the trick?

I touch my face alot...I think I'll chop off my fingers...then grow it back later after

Finally, a little advice that makes sense around here!

:lol:

I don't have oily skin. More so dry, irritated. But frankly I am scared to only wash my face at night..I don't know what to do? lol.

Whooopse..sorry guys. I am messing one tip that was in the mag.

Tip #6 Limit sun exposure. The sun may mask red marks at first, but it does more harm then good in the long run. The dangerous sun rays thins your skin, causing more break outs after being out in the sun.

i wash my face with soap once a day because my skin is sensitive and dries up quickly

Regular soap worked alright for me but it actully made my face more dry.....

another suggestion is to eat a balanced diet, I changed mine along with starting on osme new treatments and my skin is clear as day.

I use that renewing cleanser from proactive, i guess its a bit rough on your face(tiny grains in it) and its worked wonders for me. I dont mean to contradict anything that has worked for anyone here but it seems like everyones skin is different so try different suggestions, maybe not all of these tips are for you. mix and match, youll find out what is best.