Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone here ever used vitamin E oil on there face to help with acne scars/controling breakouts?

I am currently trying to fade my scars, and deal with breakouts. I can't use Benzoyl peroxide in any amount because i am severely allergic.

I've been using aloe vera gel, cocco butter creme, and vitamin E creme (all from fruit of the earth) but i recently bought a small bottle of vitamin E body oil (28,000 I.U.) and just started using it on my face at night after washing (with biore pore unclogging scrub usually).

I'm wondering if i purchased the right kind, (it was the only kind in the store i was in) because it's very thick and difficult to spread (it almost seems like more of a concentrated gel) . I bought in on a whim, because i know that vitamin E is good for skin, and also because the skin on my face tends to feel dry, especcially after washing, even though i would apply cocco butter, or such. I do tend to use scrubs on my face a lot, mostly because my pores often feel clogged, and also because i work at a fast food restaurant part time (i'm also in college).

I was wondering if this is going to help my scars, and also if it's going to affect my breakouts. If anyone else has used this with any results (good or bad) or in combination with any other product i would appreciate hearing about them. thank you!

hello! I just bought a bunch of vitamin E capsules and have been cutting them open and spreading them over redmarks on my face and any inflammed areas.. im sure the capsules and the bottle of oil you got are probably pretty much the same thing... anyways, I just started this last night, but it makes my skin super soft and I already love it. I really hope it works since vitamin E helps to repair skin cells .. I have also read many positive reviews on it fading scars and keeping skin nice and smooth and clearr. =) Good luck!

Hi, I have been using vitamin E oil for about half year. It didnt cause breaking out to me and I like the feeling after putting it on my face. I use it as anti-aging treatment. Recently, I would like to add the Grape seed oil too as there has been positive response upon using it.

Hi, I have been using vitamin E oil for about half year. It didnt cause breaking out to me and I like the feeling after putting it on my face. I use it as anti-aging treatment. Recently, I would like to add the Grape seed oil too as there has been positive response upon using it.

Has Vitamin E worked for scarring at all?

If I understand 'scar' correctly, it is a non-flat marks, I am sure vitamin E oil didnt help reducing my scar as I have one small chicken pox scar.

But, I can see difference in my red marks left my acne after I have used both Aloe Vera gel and vitamin E oil. I dont know which one contribute exactly to the fading of red marks cause I started using both of them at the same time.