Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi everyone, i'm asking if you could take a minute and read the following - my trip to 2 dermatolgists. what is your opinion? i've thought about it too much and need some reccos! PLEASE!

My situation... I've been in and out of the derm since I was 14. I did all the topicals and all the antibiotics. In college I decided to go the B5 route- awesome- but who knows what it's doing to me and it's not treating the cause so... I decided to give the derm another go...

Trip 1- to a dermatologist who has been around for years with a good rep. I went to her when I was young. She blamed it on my makeup (which she is correct, was not oil-free) and bacteria. She put me on the following:

am- wash with plexicon wash sheet (this stuff rocks by the way, never saw dry skin b/c of exfoliation)

apply a layer of finacea

pm- wash with plexicon wash sheet

apply a layer of finacea

apply a layer of differin

take 1- 100mg Doxycyclin (to kill the bacteria)

I broke out really bad for aprox 2 months, now it's clearing very very slowly and I still get some really bad 'deep' breakouts, more cyctic. These take about 1.5-2 months to clear!

So... I went to a very very well known derm in my state (well the PA actually). She said it was hormonal (the 1st said no or I would have this on my back/chest too- this one didn't care)... She put me on the following:

am- wash with cetaphil

apply any oil-free moisturizer w/spf

pm- wash with cetaphil

apply cetaphil moisturizer

apply tazorac

So... she took me off of 'everything' the 1st put me on.

I am not concerned with the Differin vs. Tazorac as I know those are just swapping topicals. BUT... what about the Doxy?

Just to note, my skin has been very very nice the past 2 months (which may be the finacea for acne rosacea) and hasn't been splotchy or red in the least!

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE? What would you do? Would you follow 1 or 2, or mix both? Also, this doesn't count too much by a DR told me they would just put me on Doxy, nothing else. So, I have too many opinions and need YOUR HELP!

Sorry so long, I'm just soo confused! THANK YOU!

OH I forgot to say I have pretty moderate almost to severe acne...

hi everyone, i'm asking if you could take a minute and read the following - my trip to 2 dermatolgists. what is your opinion? i've thought about it too much and need some reccos! PLEASE!

My situation... I've been in and out of the derm since I was 14. I did all the topicals and all the antibiotics. In college I decided to go the B5 route- awesome- but who knows what it's doing to me and it's not treating the cause so... I decided to give the derm another go...

Trip 1- to a dermatologist who has been around for years with a good rep. I went to her when I was young. She blamed it on my makeup (which she is correct, was not oil-free) and bacteria. She put me on the following:

am- wash with plexicon wash sheet (this stuff rocks by the way, never saw dry skin b/c of exfoliation)

apply a layer of finacea

pm- wash with plexicon wash sheet

apply a layer of finacea

apply a layer of differin

take 1- 100mg Doxycyclin (to kill the bacteria)

I broke out really bad for aprox 2 months, now it's clearing very very slowly and I still get some really bad 'deep' breakouts, more cyctic. These take about 1.5-2 months to clear!

So... I went to a very very well known derm in my state (well the PA actually). She said it was hormonal (the 1st said no or I would have this on my back/chest too- this one didn't care)... She put me on the following:

am- wash with cetaphil

apply any oil-free moisturizer w/spf

pm- wash with cetaphil

apply cetaphil moisturizer

apply tazorac

So... she took me off of 'everything' the 1st put me on.

I am not concerned with the Differin vs. Tazorac as I know those are just swapping topicals. BUT... what about the Doxy?

Just to note, my skin has been very very nice the past 2 months (which may be the finacea for acne rosacea) and hasn't been splotchy or red in the least!

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE? What would you do? Would you follow 1 or 2, or mix both? Also, this doesn't count too much by a DR told me they would just put me on Doxy, nothing else. So, I have too many opinions and need YOUR HELP!

Sorry so long, I'm just soo confused! THANK YOU!

OH I forgot to say I have pretty moderate almost to severe acne...

go with the one that your skin was clearer with maybe birth control?

iuno jack shit about hormonal acne cause im a guy btw so excuse me if i sound like a retard.