Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F49Z0R5!!!

Sudden tan?

Hmmmph...

I have been on the regimen for a week.

For the past year I was on SA treatment, which included exfoliaters. Now since I was exfoliating I couldn't get a tan because I was constantly sloughing off the dead skin cells (tanned skin). Now I switched to regimen, which doesn't have exfoliaters. And I tanned alot in the past week. Has anyone else experienced this? This isn't red irritation, I know what that's like, went thru it with my SA treatment. This isn't one of those darkening of the skin sideeffects. My skin, just looks, nicely tanned. Has anyone else experienced this?

I experienced something like that during my first two and a half weeks of the regimen. After the initial burning stage, my skin started calming down and the 'tan' was the result of this. Now it is just pasty looking.

I experienced something like that during my first two and a half weeks of the regimen. After the initial burning stage, my skin started calming down and the 'tan' was the result of this. Now it is just pasty looking.

Naw my skin isn't burning, it was burning the first 2 days, I've been on regimen for 9 days now and it hasn't burned for a while. This isn't a redness it's just a darkness. I HAVE been out in the sun for the past month as well so.... hmmph, just strange the tan came now.

No mine is somewhat different. Because you said you first had the stinging AND redness. I first had stinging but no redness whatsoever, and still dont have it. I think it may be because I've stopped exfoliating twice a day.

Oh, I see what you mean now.

Having read your first post again (and what you just wrote) , I just realised you said you were exfoliating in effect twice a day. I was only exfoliating weekly before going on bp myself. That could possibly be it then, coupled with what SCAR said, although I don't know how sunny it is round your area.

Oh, I see what you mean now.  

Having read your first post again (and what you just wrote) , I just realised you said you were exfoliating in effect twice a day. I was only exfoliating weekly before going on bp myself. That could possibly be it then, coupled with what SCAR said, although I don't know how sunny it is round your area.

smile.gif That explains a lot.

We've had a LOT of sun here this year I actually get surprised when it rains but not enough now to put some colour back in my cheeks.

my skin is pasty also :- its red around my mouth moreso than the rest of my face and my forehead is always oily even when i wipe it