Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

cheering up// stress issues

helloo! Lately... i'ver been very stressed out... and I know that is causing some breakouts... also.. I have been feeling pretty blue for the past couple weeks :doubt: .

Now, today I went to my very first health food store... it was amazing in there! lol... so I stood in the vitamin isle for about a half hour reading about the vitamins and how they benefit you... and I read a couple that had said "stress reducer" and "helps mood" (such as St. Johns Wort)... I was just wondering if any f these stress & "mood helping" vitamins actually work? and if so, what would you recommend?

I'm starting a yoga class in a month so maybe that will help my stress too?

With univeristy and work and all the the stress that comes with it; yoga saves me. You'll notice how different you'll feel after the class. I've been doing it for 5 years now and I love it. You'll get strong from the core out, gain balance and lose a lot of stress.

With univeristy and work and all the the stress that comes with it; yoga saves me. You'll notice how different you'll feel after the class. I've been doing it for 5 years now and I love it. You'll get strong from the core out, gain balance and lose a lot of stress.

Yay! I'm very excited to start the class :D ... unfortunantly.. its only for 2 months.. on monday's only.. I wonder how much i'll learn in that time? =\

Go to the green smoothies thread and read it... You don't need stress supplements, all you need is leafy greens and all the vitamins that come along with them.

Just a little quick primer:

-Magnesium is the anti-stress mineral. While calcium tenses muscles, magnesium relaxes them. The two are needed in balance: absolutely no calcium enters bones without magnesium present. Anyways, anxiety and insomnia and things of that nature can merely be magnesium deficiencies (although there's usually more to it then just that). EVERYTHING that's green has magnesium in it.

-B-vitamins as you may or may not know, are also good for stress. Things like smoking, excess coffee, alcohol and stress are fast ways to deplete your B-vitamin stores. B-vitamins are water soluble and you need to be getting them every single day in your diet. Luckily they're abundant in meat, bread, and also leafy green vegetables. Meat and bread can have their own negative effects, but leafy greens are a very good source.

-Omega-3 fatty acids are anti inflammatory and very good for you. Stress is inflammatory. Leafy greens have a small amount of ALA, which needs other nutrients to be able to convert into DHA and EPA, the usable forms of omega-3's in our body. Anyways it's my suspicion that the reason some people don't do as well with flax seeds / oil as they shoud despite the fact that it has a lot of ALA, is the fact that these may be deficient in the nutrients needed to convert ALA to the other ones and leafy greens, being the most nutrient dense food, have these nutrients (I believe it's things like zinc that help the conversion, among other things). This is just an idea though, but by drinking green smoothies every day you're not only building up your bodies stores of magnesium and B-vitamins, vit. C etc. but also ensuring a small amount of omega-3's in your daily diet without eating fish or rancid oil pills.

Actually the old vitamin THC isn't too bad for getting rid of stress, it's just that there's way more sensible and healthy solutions like getting good sleep and exercise (my personal favorite, works like a charm everytime). But bach when I was basically living the opposite lifestyle as I do now and I got stressed (which happened way easier then than now), a good hit or three was the fastest way to unwind and relax.

St. Johns Wort is great. I am tried and still have teas... and really calm me down ~ it is contain vallerian ^_^

PS: I am really like any kind of tea ^_^