Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you think the kind of cleanser you use effects your acne or red marks?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the kind of cleanser you use effects your acne or red marks?

• Yes
    • No

What is you face cleanser? I use Shielsedo Pure Cleanser but I think its a little harsh for red marks so I'm going to try dove cloths

Spectro jel

I think nothing helps my red marks..they take over a year to go away :( It doesn't matter though cause I'll just get new one's to bitch about :doubt:

This may not work for some but does for me. Please don't leap on me for saying this. I have found that my skin looks its best when I stop washing it. It gets cleansed by the shampoo in the shower each morning and that is it for the day. Just washed with water before going to bed. After a few weeks I found my skin going back to looking like child skin, i.e. before I used all the cleansers.

In my experience all these cleansers/lotions/potions make your skin look worse. In fact they make your skin churn out oil like there is no tomorrow.

I use Proactiv Renewing Cleanser and it's pretty harsh...i actually wonder what my skin would be like if i used a gentler cleanser like the CSR one but i'm way too scared to because i wonder if i'll breakout.

This may not work for some but does for me. Please don't leap on me for saying this. I have found that my skin looks its best when I stop washing it. It gets cleansed by the shampoo in the shower each morning and that is it for the day. Just washed with water before going to bed. After a few weeks I found my skin going back to looking like child skin, i.e. before I used all the cleansers.

In my experience all these cleansers/lotions/potions make your skin look worse. In fact they make your skin churn out oil like there is no tomorrow.

I agree with Rupert, cleansers do nothing but make my acne worse....I just wash my face in the shower, and then apply glycolic gel during the day, and that works 100% for me!

i use a natural soap from carley's. pretty good stuff. wipes off all my makeup. it also makes my face tight after washing, which i LOVE! makes me feel like my face is clean clean clean!

Spectro jel, seems to be doing nothing.

spectro jel doesn't fight acne. it just washes away all the shit on top + moisturizes your skin. it works best if you use it with shit that the derm gave you.