Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raider5000

After all these Years....Finally Seeing The Derm Thursday.

im 17 Years Old and ive has Acne since i was 10 years old. It started on my Forehead when i was 10...no biggy just pimples on the forehead......then when i was 11 years old it got worse.....alot of pimples on the forhead! Then when i turned 12, it started getting Severe and going on my checks. And real bad....and i was like shit! i started using topical after topical....I then turned 13 and it got worse.....not only was it on my face, now it was on my back, chest, and arms! Turning 14 only made it worse as it started really getting severe....all over the place....horrible all over my body. Turned 15, and nothing changed. Turned 16 and it started cooling down off my back alittle, but everywhere else still horrible. And here i am....17 and a Senior in highschool. I got Severe Acne on my face, Upper Arms. Fairly bad Acne on my chest and back......well......Ive had enough!!!!!!!!! 7 Years of this SHIT! and 5 Years of it being Severe!!!! im tired of this shit......and now im going to a Derm!......

ACCUTANE HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck, the derm will probably try other treatments first.

Why did you wait so long?

i shoudnt have i know...but i always thought....if i bought that right product mabe it will work....and i went through alot of stress and i always knew every year it was soo bad....always the worst in my classes and shit...but my mom isnt huge on going to the doctor and all...so i never really went.....7 years later....im here....and waiting....because IVE TRIED EVERY TOPICAL KNOWN TO MAN. Seriously!.......from commercial to commercial from drug store to drug store....from regiement to refiement.....

I sure hope he does try other shit first...cause this is REALLY BAD ACNE.....worse than ive seen so far on these forums. and ive gone through every Topical and Pill that is non pre-scribed....i sure hope i go right to accutane...you dont know how much i need it.

Well when u go ask for it and insist upon it if you're severe. I know my derm would put u on it right away, but I guess it depends where u go. Good luck ;)

yep 5 years....but hey....i just got back from my Derm.

Well i never even mentioned Accuntane.......he looked at my face for a little while and said....Your going on Acctutane buddy. He then looked at my back and chest. He told me i had extream severe acne and that Accutane was a must! He then injected some of my bigger blemishes with this shit that hurt like a bitch. He then said go and have blood work done...and they will fax it to us. and we can go ahaid and get you prescribed....I was like Cool! He did say i already have a few scars and those might not go away, but said the sooner we get you on, the better. So, Tommorow after school ill be going to take my blood, hopefully get the results to him soon. And i might be Starting Accutane as soon as Tuesday. I CANT WAIT!.......in 6 months, i might actually be cured from this........

Congratulations! I'm glad you got such a cool derm and in six months you will be clear.

my derm was pretty cool i hope there all gone in 6 months.......thanks for all the support guys and gals! :cool: