Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grapesrgood

Salyclic acid

ok in the emotions and physical forums i said i was not going to come back for a few months cause i dont want to think about my redmarks. but lately ive been using make up with salyclic acid(i no longer get acne i just need my redmarks to go away). does salyclic acid slow the rate of ur skin healing like bp? does it help with redmarks? please someone answer. and moderators pleaseeeee dont move this thread to the redmarks forum. no one answers my questions there.

No, SA does not slow the healing of the skin or scars. It helps skin/pores exfoliate from the inside, shed old skin. I've been doing alot of reading about and SOMEWHERE, I can't remember, it said that is it good for red marks.

Yeah, SA helps with redmarks, since it's an exfoliator.

But I think AHAs work just as well - to give you an example, I think SA works quite simmiliarly for redmarks as Lactic Acid (at least for me).

Why don't you get a Lactic Acid (or perhaps even glycolic - the Neutrogena Healthy Skin) moisturiser? Or try Bio-Oil, or ACV or perhaps spot treat redmarks with 10% or 12% Glycolic Acid.

I'm using the Eucerin Dry Skin Relief and it's fading the marks quite nicely despite BP slowing down the process.

I've been using Lac Hydrin 5 moisturizer (contains AHA) while on the CSR and within a week my redmarks are already fading. My redmarks were never really that bad but it's something to look into.

SA is a mild pore unclogger, I don't know if it will do much for redmarks though. I haven't really seen anyone claiming that it has helped their redmarks around the forums here.

From what I understand, SA works a bit deeper than GA (glycolic acid).

Which means GA is working on the surface and that is why it helps to exfoliate the redmarks.

Have you considered using something with glycolic acid in it, like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion? It is a pretty strong AHA lotion and helps with the redmarks and evening out skin tone.

Something milder would be Lac-Hydrin Five. It has lactic acid rather than glycolic acid. So it is a bit milder but still a very nice product.