Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Trix, you're using way too much man. With the water based bp, this happens when I use too much bp and there are white streaks/marks/blotches. You just gotta lessen up on the stuff. About the granules, I expected the oil in the bp to dissolve them somewhat. I think it's just because you're not used to the texture of the bp granules, it happened to me too. But hey, if you wanna use a blender, go ahead, it didn't screw up my BP.

I just got mine about 10 minutes ago. It came fine. I haven't used it yet, but I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Quick observations: The bottle came with tape on it so it wouldn't spill out, but the tape had 2 VERY dirty fingerprints on it- makes me question my initial sanitation concern. At least I can take it as evidence for a crime. ;) The bottle itself looks clean though. I was reading the label and it also has a typo:

Gradually increase applications as your skin adapts or as directed buy your physician.

Hey Trix, you're using way too much man. With the water based bp, this happens when I use too much bp and there are white streaks/marks/blotches. You just gotta lessen up on the stuff. About the granules, I expected the oil in the bp to dissolve them somewhat. I think it's just because you're not used to the texture of the bp granules, it happened to me too. But hey, if you wanna use a blender, go ahead, it didn't screw up my BP.

Well obviously I experimented with the amounts lol. I would'nt just give up after one application. But I even tried putting a dab of it on my forhead just to see if the amount was the issue. But it still left streaks and grains. And everyone else that tried it had the same result. So they're using it at night instead.

The guy says to not use moisturizing soap/cleansers, but I have been using cetaphil with my regimen. Do you folks use bar soap? I don't know how well I can tolerate it.

Hmm interesting developments. I wonder Trix if you didn't just get a bad batch. And yeah, you might want to try using a blender before you give up completely.

Takara I will definitely order a small size from you when you are ready to sell them. I don't want to make a big investment by buying $200 worth from Bob if it doesn't work for me.

Last nite my gf came over to sleep over. So I asked her to try the Benz-oil. She actually had success in getting rid of the white residue that I've been having problems with. But she said she had to rub it in quite harshly, and she said it hurts, lol. But she had silky smooth skin anyways, but I just wanted to see if it would work for her. But afterwards her face was like all red, haha. And the grains didn't dissolve completely. She said she understood why it didn't work for me, since I have sensitive dry skin. But Im back on the Csr gel now but still waiting for the crazy breakout I got from Benz-oil to go away.

I can understand how Trix could be having troubles. He probably has bigger granules than most or something. Granted, mine are pretty large but I expected that from the warning people gave. I put some on yesterday and it worked really well. I put on only the smallest amount. And I put on more at night time and I guess I used too much. It wouldn't rub in all the way. I just rubbed for 5 minutes and took a paper towel to gently wipe off the white clumps that was leftover.

Since my regimen is only at night, it shouldn't be a big concern for me about any residue. I can always wipe it off. I am somewhat pleased about the oils used and it smells good, which surprised me.

Overall, I can probably get used to it. I will post some updates later and whether it seems to be better at actually fighting acne than Dan's, which is the title of this thread.

Maybe you guys think that less BP wont work as well? Just throwing it out there because when I switched from Dan's BP, where you have to slather on a lot, to Bob's BP, it phased me out too, I was too used to putting on a lot of BP at one time. Maybe it takes some adjustment, or maybe the white residue really is something that cant be helped. If so, sorry to hear that.

That is weird. I have no problems with the white residue. Mine goes on fine/clear after rubbing it in gently. The granules are quite small, they don't bother me at all.

Hmm, maybe you got a batch that was not blended as well. I'd try a blender before giving up completely, it is really good.

Sorry to hear that :(

Can it really be I got a bad batch tho? Because this isn't like a 4oz of bp, this is 32oz we're talking. If it was a small bottle I could understand a bad tube but probably not a huge 32oz one.

As far I can tell the only benefit of the large granules is that they last longer. But if you're just buying a small tube of bp and use it up before the use-by date that won't be an issue. So why not just buy some jojoba oil and cheap bp (e.g. Dan's or a 5 or 10%) and put the jojoba oil on before the bp, like some people on this forum have been doing for ages?

How are you people packaging this stuff to sell? My fone has been ringing off the hook with people wanting to buy some from me. So I just put them in 5oz bottles for now and printed out some labels to stick on it. Hopefully I can get some smaller bottles too, cuz some only buy like 1oz at a time to try. But I'm just curious what it looks like when you guys package it.

I just got mine about 10 minutes ago. It came fine. I haven't used it yet, but I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Quick observations: The bottle came with tape on it so it wouldn't spill out, but the tape had 2 VERY dirty fingerprints on it- makes me question my initial sanitation concern. At least I can take it as evidence for a crime. ;) The bottle itself looks clean though. I was reading the label and it also has a typo:

Gradually increase applications as your skin adapts or as directed buy your physician.

Hmm... wouldn't you think that a highly educated person, like a biochemist, would know when to use "buy" or "by"? I know that he didn't major in English, but come on! That makes me pretty skeptical because he just doesn't sound credible.

Got to agree with that. The amateurish website, the spelling mistakes, the dirty fingerprints - makes me highly suspicious. Better to buy jojoba oil and bp from reputable suppliers and just put them on separately.

You guys should cut this guy some slack:

1. this is a business he is forced into by people like us. Therefore, he doesn't need

to make excuses for his lame site.

2. it works for at least 4 people already; they aren't tricking you, they haven't died yet

3. The three oils in combination is good stuff.

4. I'm sure he can spell; he is a chemical engineer

Because this stuff works better than anything else I've tried! And I'm pretty sure I've tried everything on the planet...

When you say "better" what do you mean exactly? How much better does it work then regular bp? Do you have less pimples? No flakes or dryness? What percentage of bp have you tried? or anything else you think is significant to add in the differences . I have been watching this thread and I was/am a skeptic but I am gradually getting interested in actually buying some but 200 dollars is very expensive for me but if it works in the end it will save me money and if it truly is better I might invest.

Guest yankeemix

Got to agree with that. The amateurish website, the spelling mistakes, the dirty fingerprints - makes me highly suspicious. Better to buy jojoba oil and bp from reputable suppliers and just put them on separately.

yea tru....i bought this organic jojoba oil and it works really well.. I don't even use BP with it...

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

Ok, I was the one who made the questionable observations but heres is where I stand after a couple days of use:

The inside of the container looks clean. I cannot vouch for actual cleanliness, but the product itself seems to be working rather well. Maybe he had dirty hands when shipping time came around (the tape on the bottle).

The site and spelling mistake is definitely unprofessional. As long as he doesn't sacrifice the quality and professionalism of actually producing the Benz-oil, then I don't mind (especially since I already bought it).

I think his concoction is equal to or slightly better than normal BP. The oils are really good on my skin. I went a day and a half of no lotion (normally everyday), and just got a little dry around my mouth.

The thicker granules are slightly awkward, but it seems to rub in well after gently rubbing (only using a SMALL amount). I've had no irritation, but when I used too much it wont soak in. But I think larger granules soak into the skin better once you rub them away. It dries quicker than Dan's BP.

Overall, I prefer this over CSR Gel. I've been on 10% BP before getting this, and my regimen got me acne free. With the Benz-oil, I have had no new breakouts and my skin seems to tolerate it. It is just as effective as my old 10% BP, but I really like the oils.

If you are skeptical about it, I'd just get 10% BP and jojoba oil, then you'll have something similar. I don't know what kiwi oil and hazelnut do, but I am liking it. $200 is not worth it though, regardless of how much. I'm super glad I got 32oz. It will last me so I won't have to buy any more BP. I might purchase jojoba to put in my shampoo or conditioner.

Thanks for finding this and telling us about it.

somebody hurry up and package this stuff for resale. I will buy some from you. I tried to order some from this bob guy (the 200 dollar order) but he said he doesn't ship to fpo ap adresses (BS). Such crap I know he can, now I gotta wait because I am in the fking military.

Anyways I dont care what the packaging is like, just put some in a bottle and I will buy it from you.