Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well he did before, he JUST recently changed it as I saw two days ago that it was not like it is now. Im trying to work things out with him to convince him to sell it in smaller portions cause I can understand that a $100 initial investment is way too steep and would scare off potential users.

Whoa, I think he just changed the site like yesterday cuz it looks way different now. I originally bought an 8 oz bottle for $39 which I think should last me at least a couple months. I hope he goes back to selling them in smaller portions.. $100 is way too much for most people, and I know I probably wouldn't have tried it if it costed that much. At least I would have only been out $40 if it didn't work. But it did. :)

And not a sinlge damn flake on my face.

Guest yankeemix

ok...sounds good but its still bp and will this still have the same affect on the skin long term? Long term bp use is bad...so I wonder if this will be any different since it uses oil..

Well the three oils it uses are supposed to be good for the skin.. and one of them has vitamin E in it which is an antioxidant. As long as you wear sunscreen every day I think you shoud be fine.

So can you give me a link to some info saying that long term BP use is bad? I'd like to know more.

By the way, I just checked the site again and now it says it is $49.99 for 32 oz.. maybe he is running a special?

Hey Takara Do you have to use moisturizer after this? Or do the oils in this keep you moisturizered enough? I emailed him yesterday asking if he would be willing to seller smaller bottles like 8 oz and today he replied today that the best he could do was lower the price to $49!!!

Does anyone else experiance with this stuff im anxious to buy.

You actually really don't need any moisturizer at all. My skin has never felt so hydrated before. I think its because I was always drying the crap out of it with all those products.

Yeah guys I've been emailing him back and forth to give you guys more of a deal because I knew skeptical people weren't willing to put an initial investment of $100 just to test out a product. Basically the BP is being sold at $1.50 per ounce. Personally I can't vouch for the oil based BP as I haven't tried it, so you'll have to ask Takara about it. But hey, if you've seen my face on the bottom of the first page, that was only the results from a water-based BP. I can't imagine what a more potent formula, the oil based bp could do. If you think about it, $50 for 32oz of BP laced with face oils is STILL cheaper than buying 32oz of Dan's BP at $8.50/ 4oz. Im not knocking Dan's BP but if the new BP isnt working as well for you as it used to, try out this alternative.

"SPECIAL - Buy 3 gallons and get the 4th gallon free." my god that is a shit load of bp.

The only thing im worried about is that 10% bp might be too strong for me. I only get whiteheads so my acne isn't too bad. On his site it says to use less and it would be the same as using 5% or 2.5% does this sound right?

okay. so i ordered the benz-oil. After shelling out so much money acne products, i realyl don't mind spending just a little bit more. SIGH.

but i smell contradiction. The whole site talks about how oil-based is so much superior than water based (thats why i bought it), but then...i read over the entry and find that he also sells water-based.

why the heck would he sell water-based when he knows its inferior and after devoting a whole web-page saying how " oil is the secret."

because he developed the oil-based BP AFTER he was selling water-based BP for a couple of years. I remember going to his site years ago but didn't buy the BP because Dan's was working well for me back then.

dang...so are you saying that his miracle for his children, children's friends, and everyone....is water-based? That's so contradictory...

i mean, seriously look at his site. he made it seem like water-based is soo horrible; he devoted the whole site to it. Is his secret the "horrible, drying" water-based BP...

for real.

No, the oil based BP is the "miracle" that he is talking about. He doesn't sell the water based BP anymore for that reason.

Odin - you should be fine using the 10% BP. It isn't at all drying like the regular BP is. Just start out with a small amount and move up gradually until you figure out how much your skin needs to stay clear.

okay. sorry i posted those doubting posts. I emailed the guy; he replies him quick, seems genuine.

Basically, he used to sell two lines: the oil based and the water-based BP. In the latter, there is still 10% oil, which explains its efficacy.

However, he decided to cancel this line because 99% of the orders were oil-based, anyway.

okay. sorry i posted those doubting posts. I emailed the guy; he replies him quick, seems genuine.

Basically, he used to sell two lines: the oil based and the water-based BP. In the latter, there is still 10% oil, which explains its efficacy.

However, he decided to cancel this line because 99% of the orders were oil-based, anyway.

can someone reply ass to how the shipment comes what kind of pkging what kind of return label ?

*shrugs*I guess I'm willing to try it maybe...I'll check it out though and find some info on it first.

Dude...get a load of this shit...

SPECIAL - Buy 3 gallons and get the 4th gallon free.

LMAO....3 fucking gallons of BP? Jesus...life time supply...

Who the HELL needs that much BP? Go to a damn derm and get Benzaclin, Duac or Benzamycin...they work so much better.

That's because he doesn't just sell to individuals. He also sells to salons. I'm pretty sure we already had this conversation...

And by the way I've tried benzaclin and it dried the crap out of my skin. That is the point of this stuff.. to kill the bacteria without drying out the skin.

well, you might ask why I bought benz-oil after...trying benzaclin.

I want to see if oil really aids the penetrationa and if it moisture is really taht important in healgin acne.

I have a few concerns.

1. less 10% is not the same as more 5% or 2.5%. We have all found that to be true.

2. I am not familiar with the macadamia nut oil (although it is in cetaphil) or the kiwi oil. Just because I'm not familiar does not mean they aren't good though.

3. The whole "ZERO acne" claim. I always get very skeptical when I read stuff like that.

I wouldn't completely say at this point that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, but I wouldn't use 10% bp on my face. All oils are not bad however.

Regarding penetration into the skin, that is a question I'm going to be asking a chemist next week actually. I want to know if lipid delivery will enhance penetration. The study that has been done on (I believe an aqueous base) 2.5% bp shows 99.9% destruction of bacteria, so I don't know if deeper penetration is necessary or desirable. Anyway, I'll get back to you on that.

Jojoba oil on the other hand is pretty cool. I'm going to start recommending that to enhance moisturizers that aren't otherwise good enough at controlling flakes.

Those are some good points. I'm not at all impressed with his website or some of the claims he makes.. but all I know is that my skin is clear without the flakiness for the first time ever. I actually have pretty sensitive skin and I haven't had any problems with the 10% at all.

Sounds interesting, and the mechanism sounds plausible to me (I'm a biochemist). The problem is that there are more than just BP in the bottle, so you don't really know if some of them are the holy grail for acne, or if they are just fancy fillers. Smaller, unknown companies like this one also might be lacking in quality control, which could be a big issue...

I must say I'm interested, though. I might try this after my accutane treatment is done with. In the meantime, congrats/ good luck to those who's using this product. Keep us updated, mkay?