Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

I feel so guilty, i'm throwing away my antibiotics....

Guest ThereIsHope

I just can't take it. I NEED accutane. Stupid acne is absolutely controlling my life. I got prescribed doxy and the topicals differen and duac. I'm using the topicals (which seem to only be making my skin worse. sigh.) and not really worrying if they work or not. If they clear me up, yay! If not, it just gives me another upper hand on getting tane. I am, however, NOT thrilled at all at the thought of taking antibiotics. I think its a really silly way of treating acne, seeing as they kill BOTH good and bad bacteria and only help while you are on them. I don't want to be on antibiotics forever that will only help clear me up somewhat all while wrecking havoc on my immune system. Also, I DONT want the doxy to clear me up as the derm proabaly won't give me tane if I do. So i'm just throwing my daily doses away. I'm not thrilled about lying to both my parents and the derm about taking them, but if it gets me accutane then i'm all for it. Alls fair in war against acne right? ;)

I just can't take it. I NEED accutane. Stupid acne is absolutely controlling my life. I got prescribed doxy and the topicals differen and duac. I'm using the topicals (which seem to only be making my skin worse. sigh.) and not really worrying if they work or not. If they clear me up, yay! If not, it just gives me another upper hand on getting tane. I am, however, NOT thrilled at all at the thought of taking antibiotics. I think its a really silly way of treating acne, seeing as they kill BOTH good and bad bacteria and only help while you are on them. I don't want to be on antibiotics forever that will only help clear me up somewhat all while wrecking havoc on my immune system. Also, I DONT want the doxy to clear me up as the derm proabaly won't give me tane if I do. So i'm just throwing my daily doses away. I'm not thrilled about lying to both my parents and the derm about taking them, but if it gets me accutane then i'm all for it. Alls fair in war against acne right? ;)

Haha don't feel bad, I've been throwing away my doxy pills as well. I'm only using the topical retin-a that was prescribed and I've noticed much smoother complexion so I'll stick to it. My derm tells me it will get better the longer I use it.

It just sucks that you're literally throwing money away..well I guess we all have over the years on topicals/antibotics that don't work (I know I have) :wall:

hey don't feel bad at all bcoz i did exactlyyyy the same thing!

each time i went to c a doc they just kept giving me antibiotics and creams which made no difference (maybe a little but not good enough) so 1 day i threw it all away and saw a derm....told her ive used all this crap stuff 4 long enough (even though i ended up throwing them away) and now she said i can start tane after my bloodtest...

so my advice 4 u is to not waste anymore time bcoz the longer u wait the more it fuks with ur mind and its alll u think aboutt and drives u nutssssss lol

Good luck :)

Well, I threw my antibiotics away. I've now been on accutane for 3 months and my skin is worse than ever. Just something to think about if acne seriously bothers you. You might want to consider giving them a try; I wish I had. Accutane isn't always a miracle as I'm slowly and painfully finding out.

hey andrew, dont get discouraged so early...most ppl on tane dont c results till after 4 months... patience :) im starting it soon.... let us kno how u go

nah you're mistaken andrew belive me, I want to shake you rightnow! :lol:

(but I went on about that on your own post anyway)

and thereishope, yes there IS hope, but it doesn't come with antibiotics, I was on them for like half a year and they cleared me up completely. 2 months later, my acne was there again just like nothing happened.

It was ridiculous! :evil:

don't let them feed you all that crap, try getting a derm that goes for tane or do what your doing anyway if you have to stick with this one. it's your body after all, so you need to be happy with it not some derm that's too scared of tane! :boohoo:

I totally understand where you are coming from! I've been on doxycycline 100mg/day 11 months and it has cleared me up heaps but not to my standards of being completely clear :(

I just wish i started on tane from the beginning as all this acne shit would be out of my life and i'd be living a happy existence like i wish i could. I still hold out hopes for starting tane someday but :pray:

I totally understand where you are coming from! I've been on doxycycline 100mg/day 11 months and it has cleared me up heaps but not to my standards of being completely clear :(

I just wish i started on tane from the beginning as all this acne shit would be out of my life and i'd be living a happy existence like i wish i could. I still hold out hopes for starting tane someday but :pray:

Is accutane worth it if you get a really bad inittial break out from it??