Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashleyg

What kind of sunscreen do you use?

Hi all - I need a recommendation for a good sunscreen that won't feel like mask on my face (or make me break out even more!). Anyone have any sunscreens that they love? I just started retin-a, so I figured I better start using sunscreen everyday!!

Thanks a bunch!

Hi all - I need a recommendation for a good sunscreen that won't feel like mask on my face (or make me break out even more!). Anyone have any sunscreens that they love? I just started retin-a, so I figured I better start using sunscreen everyday!!

Thanks a bunch!

I'm on Retin-A Micro, and I've been using Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30.

I like it. It does make my skin a tad bit shiny sometimes, but it doesn't bother me too much. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and it doesn't clog my pores.

Hi Ashley! A few years ago I found a gel sunscreen made by Hawaiian Tropic, and I LOVED the way it went on, but the SPF was only 4. However, I found another gel here:

http://www.rxpalace.com/otc_sunscreen_n_repellent.shtml

It's Banana Boat Active Sport Quick Dry Spray Gel - SPF 25

I've never personally used that brand, but gel sunscreens in general are soooo awesome. They dry super fast and they DON'T leave that gross oily residue on your skin.

Hope this helps!

If you tap a teensy bit of baby powder on a dry wash cloth and pat it on your face after applying a moisturizer it'll kill the shine factor till your skin absorbs the lotion. It doesn't clog our pores or cause any irritation either.

Mineral makeup contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, both natural sunscreens. You could use that.

Whatever you use, avoid anything containing the sunscreen ingredient octyl methoxycinammate (also called ethylhexyl methoxycinammate).