Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigPore

Where do we file complaints about iPLEDGE?

I've had it with iPLEDGE. I'm sick of being locked out of the system. I'm sick of missing doses.

If iPLEDGE ran more smoothly, then I *might* be okay with it. It's all these glitches and I have to miss days of treatment because iPLEDGE will not let the pharm dispense the medication.

I agree that we need monthly blood tests. It's for our health.

Monthly visits are necessary so that the doctor can monitor progress and adjust dosages.

I agree that women who are sexually active and can have children must be tested for pregnancy.

These women should also be informed about preventing pregnancy by their doctors.

The 30-day mandatory wait for women is stupid. For some women, it's fine, but if they are already on BC or have an IUD or are not sexually active, why????

The damn website and 7-day prescription filling window are freaking unnecessary. The restrictions on when we can fill our scripts are too tight.

I'd like to file a complaint, but to whom? Someone tell me!

If you are sick of iPLEDGE too, write the FDA. They won't yank iPLEDGE but they can make it easier and less stressful to use.

I think the whole reason why they make it so frustrating is because the gov. just doesnt want women who are capable of becoming pregnant to have the drug. They think that if a girl does get pregnant while on tane, then they'd get an abortion, :rolleyes: hence all the constant and scary warning labels and excessive difficulties...

Freakin Abortion hating republicans.......errr....

The 30 day wait is Crazy...i totally agree.....I just wanna say, WHOSE BODY IS IT ANYWAY??? I think if I know the risks for the drug and i still want to take it I should be able to. I think Ill live without sex fer a few months I mean who are these girls that keep getting pregnant on accutane?? ud think they could keep it in there pants knowing what would happen2 the baby

quick question..do you have to have a password before you get your first prescription?? Cause if so, they have failed to send me one and I should begin accutane by saturday

The 30-day mandatory wait for women is stupid. For some women, it's fine, but if they are already on BC or have an IUD or are not sexually active, why????

Because a lot of the known cases of fetal exposure occurred when only one pregnancy test was done. Because unfortunately women lie about properly using BC or being sexually inactive, and BC is not foolproof. Hell, i see people on this forum all the time asking if their doctor will know if they stop using BC. The second bloodtest and 30 day wait has always been a requirement, it's just that they now have a system to enforce it.

The damn website and 7-day prescription filling window are freaking unnecessary. The restrictions on when we can fill our scripts are too tight.

The 7 day window is also required because after that time the pregnancy test results are no longer valid. What i have a problem with is the 23 day wait before your doctor can write you a new prescription if you missed filling it. You should be able to get a new pregnancy test and prescription without having to wait some arbitrary period of time. The website thing is stupid, violates our privacy, and is way to freaking glitchy. Making men comply with the 7/23 days is just completely stupid. The entire program was rushed, poorly designed, and unnecessarily restrictive. But they have acheived their goal of getting doctors to not prescribe it so much and say there have been no reported pregnancies so far.

I've had it with iPLEDGE. I'm sick of being locked out of the system. I'm sick of missing doses.

That's why my derm told me, right off the bat, to get a back stock of tane online. Which I did do. I have 40 days worth on hand at all times. It sux and it's expensive but they force you to do it.

It'll take a bunch of folks pissed off enough to take legal action. Start a petition here. Collect names. Contact a Class Action Lawyer if you want to help future taners; it won't help you b/c it'll take years to settle.

quick question..do you have to have a password before you get your first prescription?? Cause if so, they have failed to send me one and I should begin accutane by saturday

Call ipledge, tell them you never got the password, and they will reset it for you. Thats what I had to do.

PS - I hate ipledge!!!

PPS - Where did you buy your accutane online, ruti? I may need to do that too cuz my derm already told me to expect to be out for a month at least once during my cycle cuz that's just "how it works"

Because a lot of the known cases of fetal exposure occurred when only one pregnancy test was done. Because unfortunately women lie about properly using BC or being sexually inactive, and BC is not foolproof. Hell, i see people on this forum all the time asking if their doctor will know if they stop using BC. The second bloodtest and 30 day wait has always been a requirement, it's just that they now have a system to enforce it.

The 7 day window is also required because after that time the pregnancy test results are no longer valid. What i have a problem with is the 23 day wait before your doctor can write you a new prescription if you missed filling it. You should be able to get a new pregnancy test and prescription without having to wait some arbitrary period of time. The website thing is stupid, violates our privacy, and is way to freaking glitchy. Making men comply with the 7/23 days is just completely stupid. The entire program was rushed, poorly designed, and unnecessarily restrictive. But they have acheived their goal of getting doctors to not prescribe it so much and say there have been no reported pregnancies so far.

But why the 7 day window for men?!?

Freakin Abortion hating republicans.......errr....

The 30 day wait is Crazy...i totally agree.....I just wanna say, WHOSE BODY IS IT ANYWAY??? I think if I know the risks for the drug and i still want to take it I should be able to. I think Ill live without sex fer a few months I mean who are these girls that keep getting pregnant on accutane?? ud think they could keep it in there pants knowing what would happen2 the bab

Exactly!

Edit: omg that's the first time I got that quote thing to work :)

agreed. first off its freakin rediculous for everyone and 10x more rediculous for guys. if you are starting a petition ill sign in a heartbeat. possibly the stupidest system ever. yea i should have stock piled the first two weeks of pills, god damn stupid ass ipledge (that felt good to vent, i went to the derma yesterday and they told me I had to wait 31 days before next perscription so it is still on my mind)

...and 10x more rediculous for guys.

LOL no you didn't just say that. It's a peice of cake for guys compared to what we have to go through. I freakin hate ipledge. I looked at every damn page on thier website after my prescription got delayed. I was searching for any place, an address, an email, anywhere to send my angry letters. There is nothing! The only way to contact them is by phone and the hold time is forever.

Down with ipledge!

...and 10x more rediculous for guys.

LOL no you didn't just say that. It's a peice of cake for guys compared to what we have to go through. I freakin hate ipledge. I looked at every damn page on thier website after my prescription got delayed. I was searching for any place, an address, an email, anywhere to send my angry letters. There is nothing! The only way to contact them is by phone and the hold time is forever.

Down with ipledge!

It is more ridiculous for guys, sure we have less steps to go through but we cant get pregnant. the whole point of the program is to stop pregnancies so it's completely pointless to make men go through it (women too, but at least they can give some kind of rationalization for making women do it.)

Well, the problem with giving men a free pass is that there a quite a few known cases of fetal exposure when men shared their isotretinoin with a woman because they were not aware of the potential for birth defects. They want to be able to track each and every prescription. But they've gone way over the top.