Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone using this currently?

I went to a derm a few weeks back who said it only works during the night (eg. when you're asleep). He said it was totally ineffective if applied during the day.

Is this true?

hm.... no that doesn't seem to be true although if you're going to use it durring the day you probablu should use something with spf in it and don't stay out in the sun too long because it would make your face more sensitive to the sun's rays. It also might be too much for your face if you use it twice a day which is why your should use a small amount in the evening to find out how your face reacts to the medication. Try to use it only in the evening before you try to use it twice each day and only use a small amount as well.

I'm using Differin since this past Friday. The prescription says to only use at bedtime so that's what I've been doing. I'm also using Clindamycin lotion at night and in the morning. So far I've been pleased with the results.

I remember reading that it chemically breaks down and looses it's effectiveness when exposed to the sun. I'm currently using it right now and am fairly pleased so far.

i think your skin is sposed to absorb medications better or something at night because there isnt sun exposer, there isnt as much sweating and pullutants in there air. I guess its because your skin is resting like the rest of your body.

why would it only work at night when your alseep. i can understand the sun exposure but not everyone is out in the sun all day

I doubt it would make much difference if you aren't out in the sun that much

ive been using the cream for about a year

somtimes i see a small difference

but ive tryed almost everything else

derm says keep at this aswell as my UVB light treatment

i have breakouts now and again

the thing that annoys me is stickin to the pillow at night

i used it during the day to not everyday but like if i had a pimple i would use it there the night before and then i went to school and used a small like barley any on the pimple in the morning but thats just what i did and i would come home and the pimple wouldlook smaller

I use it all over at night and a tiny amount on pimples only in the mornings. I've been using it for two months and if I use it twice a day it makes my face pink! I'm not certain why. I'm very fair-skinned, perhaps that has something to do with it.

I started using it about two weeks ago. My derm told me that even though your pharmist will tell you you can't use it during the day, that's not true, but regardless I use it at night to be safe.

I had a pretty nasty IB but now things are calming down and I think I'm seeing some good improvement, but it's always hard to tell. Good luck.