Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ty13

Sorry, just have to share my story.....

Well it'll officially be 1 month tonight when I take my pills, and here's what I've experienced thus far:

I had a really bad breakout just before I took my first pill, I had probably 8 cysts or so on my face. I had my IB right away, within the first couple of days, and as far as I could tell, I ended up with about 25 cysts on my face within 3 days. I couldn't tell where one ended and another began. I also developed severly dry skin, it would literally come off in chunks. My cysts would "leak" uncontrollably and I couldn't make facial gestures because my face would crack. It was the most aweful experience of my life.

Within 4 days I started to notice the first improvement. Some of the less severe cysts were shrinking to almost gone, and I wasn't developing any new ones. It was still horrible.

Within a week or so, the smallest "batch" of cysts was pretty much gone, leaving only red scaring, but funny enough, there were so many cysts so close together, it didn't look like a bunch of scarring, it looked like a red Patch on my face. I had two bad batches (groupings) left, and my face was still very dry, but coming off in layers instead of chunks.

Within a couple of weeks from day one, most of the cysts were gone. I had a couple side-by-side ones that still liked to leak and crack, but the rest were pretty much gone, all that was left was red scaring, but again in patches. My skin is still peeling, but not nearly as bad.

Within 3 weeks all the cysts are gone. I have one raised spot with nothing in it, just loose skin, and red patches. But no cysts at all, not even a hint of one. I've had but one pimple come up new since day one (and it's already gone). My red patches are even starting to fade, the first one is pretty much gone, one is almost gone, and one is still very, very red and will take some time to heal.

Now that my month is up, my skin is practically clear, my biggest problem is my skin is still pretty dry, I have to moisturize my mouth, chin and nose area probably a dozen times a day, but it's no where near as bad as it was. Acne is gone, and the red patches are fading more each day. I have almost no makeup on now, and I'm walking with my head up for the first time in a very, very long time.

I just wanted to share what I've been through for those who aren't sure what they're getting into. Even though the IB was the worst experience of my life, the hope of the results of accutane kept me going every day, and now that my first month is complete, I couldn't be happier, except to know that it'll still only get better from here. I wish I had a before picture now so that I could show you how far I've come. I don't regret starting it one bit, and I hope that people who do decide to try it Won't give up, keep going with it even though it may be hard sometimes. You won't regret it.

Just My Opinion.

Well it'll officially be 1 month tonight when I take my pills, and here's what I've experienced thus far:

I had a really bad breakout just before I took my first pill, I had probably 8 cysts or so on my face. I had my IB right away, within the first couple of days, and as far as I could tell, I ended up with about 25 cysts on my face within 3 days. I couldn't tell where one ended and another began. I also developed severly dry skin, it would literally come off in chunks. My cysts would "leak" uncontrollably and I couldn't make facial gestures because my face would crack. It was the most aweful experience of my life.

Within 4 days I started to notice the first improvement. Some of the less severe cysts were shrinking to almost gone, and I wasn't developing any new ones. It was still horrible.

Within a week or so, the smallest "batch" of cysts was pretty much gone, leaving only red scaring, but funny enough, there were so many cysts so close together, it didn't look like a bunch of scarring, it looked like a red Patch on my face. I had two bad batches (groupings) left, and my face was still very dry, but coming off in layers instead of chunks.

Within a couple of weeks from day one, most of the cysts were gone. I had a couple side-by-side ones that still liked to leak and crack, but the rest were pretty much gone, all that was left was red scaring, but again in patches. My skin is still peeling, but not nearly as bad.

Within 3 weeks all the cysts are gone. I have one raised spot with nothing in it, just loose skin, and red patches. But no cysts at all, not even a hint of one. I've had but one pimple come up new since day one (and it's already gone). My red patches are even starting to fade, the first one is pretty much gone, one is almost gone, and one is still very, very red and will take some time to heal.

Now that my month is up, my skin is practically clear, my biggest problem is my skin is still pretty dry, I have to moisturize my mouth, chin and nose area probably a dozen times a day, but it's no where near as bad as it was. Acne is gone, and the red patches are fading more each day. I have almost no makeup on now, and I'm walking with my head up for the first time in a very, very long time.

I just wanted to share what I've been through for those who aren't sure what they're getting into. Even though the IB was the worst experience of my life, the hope of the results of accutane kept me going every day, and now that my first month is complete, I couldn't be happier, except to know that it'll still only get better from here. I wish I had a before picture now so that I could show you how far I've come. I don't regret starting it one bit, and I hope that people who do decide to try it Won't give up, keep going with it even though it may be hard sometimes. You won't regret it.

Just My Opinion.

thankyou for this post ty, i just started my 3rd week of accutane and the initial breakout that I got from tane was BAD, but I am starting to see an improvement. It's comforting to know that it will get better and that others have gone through and overcome the dreaded IB