Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Time4HighSelfEsteem

help me get rid of this pesky yeast! WOMEN ONLY

Hi guys, if you cleared yourself of yeast please tell me how. for 9 months i ate on the yeast free diet and got collonics. I no longer had yeast, but now it is back. I went back to eating dairy 3x's a week and some white flour and sweet fruits thinking it was gone, but it came back full on. How can i get this gone for good? Do i have to eat this way forever? Also, is there some cleanse or flush I should do. Please note I am on accutane. Should i wait to cleanse the yeast till I am done with my course. Frustrated! :wall:

you know, guys can get yeast infections too... it's called "jock itch" and they're both manifestations of candida. so don't be shy.

have you been taking any probiotics? that's key, you need to stay on PB's for atleast 6 months.

The symptoms are yeast discharge from well...you know. is this a female...? i feel a little shy about it.

See your family physcian for concerns that need to be immediately addressed.

For long term treatment and prevention it's best to eat foods that are as healthy as possible for you, not necessarily other people but for you.

My GF suffers the same as you do with respect to this issue and for her it's directly correlated to the amount of excercise she gets, how she treats her digestive system, sleep, and partly hygiene.

I know I'm not a woman and this isn't exactly specific advice but my GF is similar to you and I have a bit of experience with Yeast because I have a permanent skin condition known as Tinea Versicolor which results from yeast overgrowth.

Take this as not something to be embarrased about because unlike other poeple (especially women) and acne sufferers, your body is sensitive to even small changes in stress, diet, and physical activity. This is good because yo have the "heads up" when something is out of balance with your system. In a way it's a gift to have such obvious indications of your health, this gives you opportunity to improve your well being and actually know that what you're doing is helping.

Edit: Look into Pro-Biotics for support and don't be too concerned with flushes because they are only temorary solutions.

this is so funny, the guys are giving me advice! i love it. i put only women cuz i didn't want people to go off topic if you know what i mean. well, i am on probiotics; jarrodophilus. 2 a day. but, i did run out for the past two weeks. however, i had a flare up while on it also a few weeks before that.

i disagree about the hygiene remark. i wash babe! haha! the only time it stays away is when i dont eat sweet fruit, white flour and cheese. you'd be surprised how much food is made of this! i love my bread and butter and want to heal this once and for all.

If you want a fast treatment head off to your doctor. I think they can give you something that can kill it off in a few days. However, long term, the best way to get rid of it is take a probiotic - I find Udo's Choice Super High Potency to be a good choice because I notice results again after just a few days. Unfortunately you will need to continue to minimise sugar.

What kind of soap are you using in the shower/bath? Since it looks like you have a low natural bacteria present any off balance PH soap can lead to a yeast infection. Original Dove is great.

Heres some more info I found in my handy med book:

-eat veggies, fish, gluten free grains such as rice and millet

-eat plain yogurt that contain live yogurt cultures

-take supplemental acidophilus or bifidus to help restore the normal balance of flora

-diet sugar free, fruit free and yeast free until its gone

-avoid cheese, alcohol, gluten

-eliminate citrus and acidic fruit

-wear only cotton under garments

-opening a vitamin E capsule to the inflamed area helps get rid of discomfort

-oregano oil is a powerful antifungul agent that has the ability to destroy even resistant forms of yeast

herbs

-***aloe vera juice helps to kill yeast cells***

-Kolorex helps control yeast infections

-Barberry: infection-fighting

-drink chamomile

EDIT: also take a bath and add a few drops of tea tree oil to the water also

Have you talked to your doctor?

I heard eating yogurt helps. I eat it every morning. When I didn't eat it for almost a week (while visiting bf in Florida) I had some itching down there. When I got home I was eating yogurt again and no problem.

-wear only cotton under garments

... or you could always go commando! :lol: Seriously though, getting the air circulating there, espectially at night is a good idea. Its also probably better to stay away from strings during this time because I hear that the string can act like a highway for the infection to move around, if you know what I mean ...

I would recommend oregano oil/Oreganol brand to be exact; extra strength. Expensive, but worth it. You can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe online.

Probiotics alone IS NOT going to kill the yeast in a manner that it is fully under control.....also, an oxygenating supplement like Colosan is very good at killing yeast and bacteria as well.

THINGS to AVOID[/u]:

sex, undergarments and even slacks that are not cotton or a natural fiber, and ANTIBIOTICS!!!!!!

washing too much (douching), eating too much protein.

That remark about poor hygiene causing a female yeast infection by a guy of course was ALL WRONG.

The vagina is a self cleaning organ. It's not like a penis that is exposed to the air..... too much washing, spraying etc will actually give a woman a yeast infection.

Personally sugar and refined carbs never gave me a yeast infection. But I did get my first and worse vaginal yeast and urinary tract infection combo when I was on a high protein diet.

AGAIN ANTIBIOTICS will do it everytime because they upset the natural vaginal environment. Stay away from them if you can.

Hey, I struggle with yeast as well... not as much now though because I am on pro-biotics. I am so sensitive to yeast "downt there" it's rediculous, every type of irritation would give me yeast. And it was gauranteed that when I went on antibiotics I would get yeast. I take florastor probiotics, one a day and it really seems to help. I ran out of them last month and was off for a few days and in that time I got yeast again WTF?? It SUX!!! But if I stay on the pro-biotic it seems to work... if it wasnt for this site I never would have known to even consider a pro-biotic for my problem. Anyway other advive I would give: dont wash with soap "down there" just rinse with water, it's not gross lol, I am a clean person, water does the trick. Even if the slightest bit of soap gets near there I get yeast. Man SO SENSITIVE!!! DAMN THOSE ANTIBIOTICS!!! They really screwed me up over the past 5 years. Anyway, I also take garlic and evening primrose to balance my hormones. Have you started your Yasmin pill yet?? cause that could be the cultprit, if it has high estrogen that wil surely give you yeast, I went through hell with a high estrogen BCP so I switched to Alesse, much better now. Anyway, that's my advice :). Good luck!!

While I'm not on any medications, my body is also pretty susceptible to yeast infections. I get them several times a year, and I would also be interested in the replies people have in alleviating them!

Not sure what a yeast infection is... i'll google it.

Nice to know so many people help with questions though, this is a good forum.

Kefir is great. It is like yogurt but more potent. You can get it at whole foods. If you can find Lifeway brand (flavored, not plain) it tastes the best. I love it.

I am also interested in people's advice, myself. I was on antibiotics so long that I know where you're coming from with this. It's very frustrating.

I'm interested in the oregano oil - do you drink it, bathe in it?

Lol...I can't imagine sticking garlic up there at all - what if it got stuck? That's an embarassing gyno visit!

PS - I'm concerned with you taking B5 while on tane.

all i can say is ZINC!!!

i can totally sympathise.... i only know all too well how hard it is to get rid of yeast :cry: . as soon as i thought it was gone, it was back a week later dispite the meds, natural therapy ect.. and i mean ive been getting it constantly for 3-4 years the doctor gave up and proclaimed it was hormones. not only that, but the embarrisment of it all. there are only so many times you can tell your partner you have a headache..

BUT!

a few months ago i started taking zinc 3 times a day after meals at 50mg a dose for my skin after reading about it on here and funnily enough.. the yeast totally went away within a week and hasnt returned!!! i mean this is after having it constantly every month for years!!!! best side effect anyone could want!

it worked for me so all i can suggest is try it and see. but im sure that if i can get rid of it after all there years, you can too! lol

good luck!!

lauren xo