Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timbo2600

Someone knowledgeable please answer, lump on cheek

Hey peeps. Im 20 years old, been on the regimen for a year and my skin is clear, so it really does work. Ive got this little problem though. I have this fairly hard little lump under my skin. Its been there for almost a year now so im wondering what the hell it is. I mean the fact that im only 20 years old makes me think that the chances of it being cancer are slim. Is it possible for a cyst to be way under the skin and for it to hang around this long? Some people suggested in another thread that it could be a swollen gland. Eh, what do you think?

Hey peeps.  Im 20 years old, been on the regimen for a year and my skin is clear, so it really does work.  Ive got this little problem though.  I have this fairly hard little lump under my skin.  Its been there for almost a year now so im wondering what the hell it is.  I mean the fact that im only 20 years old makes me think that the chances of it being cancer are slim.  Is it possible for a cyst to be way under the skin and for it to hang around this long?  Some people suggested in another thread that it could be a swollen gland.  Eh, what do you think?

No discoloration what so ever. Its not red or dark or anything. It seems to be all the way under the skin down by the epidermis hizzi.

No discoloration what so ever.  Its not red or dark or anything.  It seems to be all the way under the skin down by the epidermis hizzi.

So nobody knows if this could be a cyst? Ive never had one before so im not sure if they can stick around for so long and not be red or anything.

I have had a couple "lumps" on my chin/jawline for a long time now (couple of months atleast) These things don't seem to go away and they dont seem to pop either. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for my face and this is one of the things that I'm going to bring up with the doc. I'll keep ya posted on what he/she says.

I'd appreciate it. It seems like lately this thing is sticking out a bit more so im seriously tempted to stab the fucker. What I probably need however, is a cortisone shot into it. Tell me what your doc says, thanks.

I'd appreciate it.  It seems like lately this thing is sticking out a bit more so im seriously tempted to stab the fucker.  What I probably need however, is a cortisone shot into it.  Tell me what your doc says, thanks.

Just got back from the doctor and she said it was most likely a cyst and it will go away over time. She put me on an anti-biotic (doxycycline) and gave me Differin as well. Dan's routine has been working great for me so far but I just paid $80 for this Differin crap so Im going to be using it. I hope it works well.

good job! But like i said, watch it for signs of infection, u don't want to have an op to remove it not nice!

never used differen, let me know how that works out!

tootie x

Thanks for the response, tootie. Im thinking that it is just a cyst, but i guess its really starting to bother me because I have a date with a very beautiful girl comming up soon so I want to look my best. The regimen cleared me up for the most part though so that really helps my confidence. To the guy on differin, ive tried all kinds of perscription meds and all they did was dry my skin. The regimen worked a lot better for me, and its a proven fact that Benzoyl Peroxide is more effective than any perscription meds. So if the differin is killing your face or your wallet then switch to the regimen.

Yeah I scheduled my appointment just a little bit before finding this site and the regimen so I decided to go through with the appointment to see what the doctor had to say. As I stated in my thread, I have already noticed good improvements with Dan's regimen so I definitely know that I can fall back on it if this Differin doesnt do the trick (and it is damn expensive!) I'm also hoping the anti-biotics help with the cysts I have on my jaw.

My cyst was on the side of my face, just above my jaw, i don't get spots there really, so i thought it was really noticeable. after i had had it for about six months i went to the doctor and she said just leave it. when i went home and people asked after where i'd been, i toild them to get my cyst looked at, and they were like what cyst? they hadn't really noticed it, and if they had it was insignificant to them! So, as for this date, just make sure you press your clothes, and she won't even notice! If she trooly is beautifal, (inside and out!) then she won't be bothered by a cyst!

When i met my boyf, i had just had mine removed, still had big dressing on my face, doing my best Nellie impression! He didn't take any notice of it, it wasn't important to him! He looked beyond it, so did i! so there you go! Hope that helps you hunny! Have fun on that date, let me know how it goes!

x

k

x biggrin.gif/ biggrin.gif

hi there, i have the same prob too! I've had one thats been on my face for over 6 months now. it sucks sad.gif I thought I was some sort of freak of nature or something! I was looking up treatments/info/ect on google and it looks like they treat them with either time or with sugery (like you guys were talking about above) since time isn't doing much I'm going to consult a doctor.

tootie some questions for you (or anyone else whos had one removed)-- what was the procedure like, was it painful, how long did it take to heal, any scaring, and are you happy with the results?

thanks! rlush

Wel rlush mine got infected so it was an abcess, but i work in the profession, so knew what to expect!

Depends where the cyst is to what sort of treatment you have. if its on your face, they would normally refer you to a plastic surgeon, unless of course they have experiecne themselves. normally it involves o local anaesthetic, which stings like buggery, like going to the dentist! but then you don't feel a thing, they just cut around the cyst capsule and put a couple of stitches in! job done!

if it gets infected, or is on trhe line of a facial nerve you may have to have a general anaesthetic, so the doc can work without you moving, for your own good really! Also when they are infected you can't have them stitched, so you have a small hole in your face which needs dressing everyday for a week, and i won't lie, you do get a scar, but mine is so small, i have acne scars much worse! my doc has referred me back to the plastics to get it fixed, and will just have small line left, so small you won't know its there!

Wasn't really painful at all, but the aneasthetic knocked me for six, but you don't need to stay in or anything, normally done in day surgery!

Hope that helps ya! Obviously everyones expereinces are a bit different, but thats the general jist of things!

kiss kiss

smile.gif

Wel rlush mine got infected so it was an abcess, but i work in the profession, so knew what to expect!

Depends where the cyst is to what sort of treatment you have. if its on your face, they would normally refer you to a plastic surgeon, unless of course they have experiecne themselves. normally it involves o local anaesthetic, which stings like buggery, like going to the dentist! but then you don't feel a thing, they just cut around the cyst capsule and put a couple of stitches in! job done! 

if it gets infected, or is on trhe line of a facial nerve you may have to have a general anaesthetic, so the doc can work without you moving, for your own good really! Also when they are infected you can't have them stitched, so you have a small hole in your face which needs dressing everyday for a week, and  i won't lie, you do get a scar, but mine is so small, i have acne scars much worse! my doc has referred me back to the plastics to get it fixed, and will just have small line left, so small you won't know its there!

Wasn't really painful at all, but the aneasthetic knocked me for six, but you don't need to stay in or anything, normally done in day surgery! 

Hope that helps ya! Obviously everyones expereinces are a bit different, but thats the general jist of things!

kiss kiss

smile.gif

Guest fatman_uk
So nobody knows if this could be a cyst?  Ive never had one before so im not sure if they can stick around for so long and not be red or anything.