Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm male and need to cover up pinkness from a dermabrasion I had. I'm not too worried about breaking out & my skin is not oily; however, I feel that I have the potential to break-out.

I'm pretty white with maybe a slight yellow to my skin. I want to know what the best brand is for foundation (or some other make-up that is used to cover things up) that looks natural and will mimic the shine of normal skin and blend well.

Basically, something that you can't tell I have on, matches my skin well, & that I can get fast along with brushes or whatever else I will need.

Also, will I need some type of green foundation or concealer to apply under the foundation?

1) Cost does not matter.

2) Shipping must be overnight/next day or I can get it OTC.

Thanks in advance!

I'm "in the industry" and know a lot of makeup artists. The one thing they all agree on: green DOES NOT cover red. It works in haircolor, but not foundation. If you're looking for FULL full coverage, checkout dermablend. If you want normal full to medium, try prescriptives. Have them custom blend it for you. I use MAC studio fix powder plus. It has a nice feel, covers well, easy to apply. BUT i have to be careful to not touch anything to my face (which you should do anyway). And a lot of times, mac stores/counters don't have natural lighting so what looks perfect in store, can look awful at home. Laura Mercier makes great long wearing foundations. Also checkout Kevyn Aucoin (if price really isn't an issue at all).

Physician's Formula color-corrective primer. It's green. Use it before your foundation. Just dab it where needed. A little goes a long way. Put a little water in it if you want to make it a little creamier and easier to apply. Green does neutralize red and yellow neutralizes blue or purple (such as in undereye circles). I suggest Physician's Formula Talc-Free Mineral Foundation and Mineral Loose Powder (good coverage, won't clog your pores or break out your skin). Hope this helped. :dance: