Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I'm currently taking Dianette. I have ordered some B5 tablets because my skin has been quite oily lately and I want to see if it will help. I just wondered if it's safe to take B5 as well as Dianette? I know that B5 can cause stomach irritation which may reduce the contraceptive properties of Dianette, but anything else?

Thanks

I wouldn't do that if I were you. High doses of any vitamins will effect the pill. Plus, how long have you been on diane? It should reduce the oil production.

are you sure thats true??

everything else i've read is saying it is okay to take b5 with a birth control pill

when you say lowering the effectiveness do you mean the birth control aspect or the acne fighting aspect of diane??

ive been taking b5 for about a month now, and diane for about 5 months.

diane messed up my skin... my red marks healed wayyyyyyy slower as well...for example usually when i got a red mark it would fade in a couple days and stay as a pink mark for a month or 2...but when i was on diane it stayed RED RED RED for a long time. i went off it at my own choice, and within a cycle and a half my skin has never looked better! I HATE DIANE lol