Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bdp123

Flaking between wash and BP...

I've been on the CSR for about three weeks now. So far my skin is doing much better. The only problem I've encountered is the flaking between the time I wash and apply the BP. Does anyone else have this problem? Just wondering if applying the BP over flaky skin does more harm than good. Should I try not waiting as long between steps to avoid my skin from drying out completely?

Thanks.

A certain amount of dryness is to be expected.

But let's take a look at your products to see if anything might be contributing to the dryness. Let me know which cleanser, BP, and moisturizer you are using, and exactly HOW you are applying them.

Hi Brandy.

I'm using the following and seem to be tolerating it all pretty well:

Cleanser - Cetaphil Daily Face Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

BP - Dan's BP Gel

Moisturizer - Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (w/o SPF 15)

I apply everything according to the instructions in the CSR. My face isn't horribly dried out after I wash. But I'm just really wondering if I should not wait as long between the wash and bp that way my skin doesn't really have a chance to dry out too much.

I have had the same problem and have found that the dryness is getting less and less every day. 2 weeks ago I was severly flaking and my skin felt very tight in the 5-10 minutes between the shower and bp. It has gradually gotten better. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, it just takes time. When I was really flakey, after washing my face I would take a wet hand towel and wring out as much water as I could, and used this damp towel and gently rub it over the flakey areas. I feel the damp towel works better than a dry towel, just make sure to be gentle.