Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holly_08

I've got a big question

Okay, the question:

Isn't ACV the same effect of Tazorac?

They are two different things with different effects.

Tazorac is the strongest form of (topical) acidic vitamin-A available in the market so far. It may help treat acne,very mild acne scarring, and hyperpigmentation problems. But it's more used for the treatment of psoriasis. You have to be very careful with the side effects such as excesive peeling, severe redness,inflamation,irritation and photosensivity. Some people cannot bear the side effects and have given up. If your skin is very sensitive, you shouldn't use it 'cause it can aggrevate your condition or it may cause permanent erythema.

ACV on the other hand doesn't carry that many side effects, Ok, let me correct it, at least its side effects don't seem to be that severe. The good thing is that you can dilute acv and you can start with a very low concentration. Maybe a 1:4 or 1:5 ratio. As a exfoliator I think ACV is one of the best. I've used it myself and I 've obtained good results. It balances your skin ph and it gives your skin a good tone in general which may make your scarring or other similar problems less noticeable. Unfornutalle, my skin is HYPERsensitive and even though I was using a 1:5 concentration, it was good enough to cause underlying conditions. So I had to give it up. I don't know if I may give it another try. If I do, I will use a 1:7 concentration.

Doesn't Tazorac peel your skin off?

Exactly and so does ACV...so what is the difference?

No, Tazorac makes it literally peel off. ACV just exfoliates your skin and does not make it dry at all.