Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if one is to outgrow their acne.. what age does it usually happen at?

and what are the signs u may b outgrowing ur acne? would getting less oil on the face than usual be one sign?

Guest fatman_uk

Early 20's is when the majority would outgrow IM. When the hormones start to settle.

I remember i got it when i was 12, got called shit off the clear 'cool' guys if i ever stood up to them... then when we left high school, i see most of them with it NOW, WAAAY worse than i was, hahaha.

But i aint gonna help them out, assholes, lol.

-Gaz

im 21

and i THINK i may b outgrowing it, i dont wanna get my hopes up just yet but hopefully im right

it all started 2 days ago

i started to see the redness on my nose starting to get lighter, and clearing in some places, like getting patchy

then next day realised my oil was getting less!

and the spots i been getting are much smaller

then today.. even more oil AND

i can see that the blood circulation in my face and the redness has been dramatically reduced and my spots are stating to clear in some places!!!

oh and my skin has been shedding really bad, all over my face i been getting flaky skin and stuff.. and i dont think its the BP cos i use a tiny bit at night, i dont even put it all over my face, just a couple of small places!!!!!!

i dunno what im saying, im really confused and excited

hopefully this is IT

ill wait a few days and see what happens.. cross ur fingers 4 me man

lets pray 2gether

I'm hoping I might finally be outgrowing mine. A good sign for me, is that for MOST of the 8-9 years I've had acne (starting at 12, I'm currently 20) my nose used to be a terrible hotspot for pimples, and very oily in general. NOW, I rarely ever see any acne activity on my nose, it's infinitely less oily, and I can manhandle it all over the place without breaking out in that area.

Who knows. I am 34 and just got acne a year ago. Never had more than a pimple or two in my teenage years. I think your hormones change throughout your whole life, obviously! I would like to out grow mine too!

i'm 56 and had acne all my life except when i was on birth control or pregnant. Dan's regimen is the first thing that has kept me clear - better than any doc I've been to.

i'm 56 and had acne all my life except when i was on birth control or pregnant. Dan's regimen is the first thing that has kept me clear - better than any doc I've been to.

maral -that is surprising to hear that you didn't have acne when you were pregnant because i know that a lot of people get acne when they are pregnant because of the hormones and stuff.. but did birth control help really help your acne? i know a lot of people take birth control to help their acne specifically.

maral -that is surprising to hear that you didn't have acne when you were pregnant because i know that a lot of people get acne when they are pregnant because of the hormones and stuff.. but did birth control help really help your acne? i know a lot of people take birth control to help their acne specifically.

i guess most do outgrow acne in their early 20's

but for me, i've just started to break out about a year ago (i'm 20)

they started to grow on my cheeks, and they never do before i turned 20...

now all the red marks and active acne make me want to rip my face off ](*,)

I first started having problems with acne when 11 y.o. and had moderate-to-severe acne throughout my adolescence. My skin finally started calming down and clearing-up in my mid-twenties. My skin really didn't get any less oily until very recently (I am now 38 y.o.), but it did quit breaking out so much. I am still acne-prone, but my acne is now mild and occassional instead of moderate/severe and continous. Hope this gives you hope!