Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frost_44

BP clumps up on acne

I am currently using OTS, and while it is doing pretty well at preventing acne, it clumps on all my existing acne. So any type of acne will look much worse since it is completely white, and the clumps make it seem twice as large. My friend recommended washing a bit harder, and so today my largest white head came completely off. Now I'm left with a huge, very dark scar. Also, if I sweat, you can see all the BP coming off my skin, and it looks terrible. Any suggestions?

Apparently the clumping can happen if its a BP cream instead of a lotion so the only option might be to try and find a 2.5% BP vanishing lotion if you can.

Why don't you try Dans CSR gel. It is completely clear, goes on very smooth. The CSR cleanser is nice too.

If that is not an option, maybe you could use a little less, rub it in less. I know it dries very fast, which causes the clumps

I used the OTS and had the same problem.

Best wishes!

Used Basiron before. Not nearly as good as Dan's gel!

The Basiron dried up, leaving a white-ish membrane, and it would dry really fast, and could be rubbed off. Dan's gel does take quite a while to dry up, but dries clear! HUGE plus!

The BP creams do sometimes have a difficult time disappearing. I found that using a good moisturizer helps tremendously at getting the bp to go ahead and disappear into the skin. Although this doesn't help the milky white appearance that happens while sweating.

Using a gel-based BP really eliminates that sweating issue. If you can, do get Dan's CSR gel. It is transparent when on, nobody will know it is there and it won't clump up.