Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
messynessie

on regimen, can i use SA products?

i've been on the regimen for a little over a month now, and it's working amazingly. i have mild to moderate acne, usually on the mild side. i'm about 99.5% clear (one very small blemish on my jawline), and am desparate to maintain my clear status.

however, i have some acne scarring (red marks uhg), and before i was on the regimen i was using a mix of two products that contained 8% AHA (kiss my face moisturizer), and 2% BHA (hope in a bottle moisturizer). while it never kept me as clear and content as CSR, it definately helped my red marks fade.

so my question is, is it safe to use the AHA/BHA at night provided that i do not use it in combination with the BP?

If your skin is good with the BP now then using AHA is fine there is even some recommended products somewheres on the pages of the CSR so its ok but as for BHA I've read some things that say never use BP and BHA together and some that say different. I think it should be ok as long as you don't use those acids with BP at the same time. Actually I think its ok to use AHA with BP like if it is in a moisturizer :)