Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

When getting red "hardening effect" do you slow down?

Or do you keep applying bp? I got the red effect and slowed down on BP, I had no choice it felt more irritating, but the consequence no redness but more active pimples.

Is this where MOISTURIZING comes in, or makes no difference. I mean at start of regime at the full finger point approx day 3 using full finger day and night?

Day 3 would be way too early to start using a full finger's worth of BP not to mention doing it twice a day. This will show you how to do it http://www.acne.org/finger.html (Not sure if I understood your question exactly sorry if I didn't)

Sorry I will rephrase, I used it for 1 week on the second week I started burning, I guess I should of said day 10. (1 week + 3 days)

Ok I'll give it another shot.. :) If the burning is more than you can handle or more than you feel it should be then try either using less at each time you apply the BP or stick with the same amount but only do it at night. Right now I'm only doing about 1/3 finger's worth of BP only at night and it seems to be perfectly adequate even though I'm in about the 3rd week of CSR. It just depends on your acne and skin type though.

The best way to introduce your skin to BP is to start out with a tiny amount, once a day, for the first week. Then use that same tiny amount twice a day on the second week. And so on and so forth. Take your time gradually working it up.

Sometimes people start out with too much too soon and then have to back down and sortof "start all over".

Just hang at a tiny amount for awhile, don't push it if you have sensitive skin. And be sure you are using a good quality moisturizer along the way.