Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chemicalcakes

Stupid question but...

Can anti-wrinkle creams aid in the healing of scars?

I don't know where the idea came from. Maybe because wrinkles

and scars are similar in a way.

hey, as far as i know, wrinkles and scars are not the same thing. i don't really know what the difference is, but i'm pretty sure they're not the same..... correct me if I'm wrong people!! wouldn't it be great if it were and we could use those wrinkle creams!!

fact is most anti-wrinkle creams are just preventative in the sense it moisturises your skin. Any that make huge proclaims are bull, with poss the exeption of creams containing copper peptides, some kind of botox concuction thats out or super super expensive ones like creme de la mer.

So..the average anti-wrinkle creams just hydrate the skin, which naturally plump it out and help the prevention of further skin damage from uva and b and free radicals etc.

Basically i dont see that they can have any effect on scar tissue because they have really very little effect on wrinkles.

(i suggest try copper peptides)

Can anti-wrinkle creams aid in the healing of scars?

I don't know where the idea came from. Maybe because wrinkles

and scars are similar in a way.

as far depressed scar goes, anti-wringle creams will not do a thing to permanantly improve scars. Retin-a i originaly a anti-wringle cream, and it may have "some" effect in improving the skin

it's actually not a stupid question well no question can be stupid here unless you're talking about something that is way off topic of acne scars. Speaking of wrinkles and scars I thought the EXACT same thing. So I tried to buy one of those wrinkle things I thought hey wrinkles loss of collagen and scars are too? I wasn't sure so I bought the loreal wrinkle de-creaser and I tried it but no results. It's supposed to pump up the wrinkles and make more youthful skin which it isn't really doing that for me.

Some antiwrinkle creams contain retinoids or alphahydroxies (like glycolic acid). They help skin renewal and also increase collagen production, so there is the possibility that they can help with some acne scarring.

Yes some wrinkle creams can help (not cure) with acen scars becasue they plump up the skin. DMAE is the active ingrediant that seems to help.

The cream retin-A is for acne acne acne scars is also used for wrinkles, so much so that they renamed the wrinkle version s renova -but it's the same thing.