Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peeInMyPantz

could it be milk allergy?

Hi, I'm a 25 years old male. I don't have a history with bad acne before. My face has always been smooth, and the most I have is usually 2 or 3 acne around my mouth area and it usually disappears with no scar within a week or less. Also, I don't drink milk. Stopped ever since I was 3 or 4 years old. I don't eat vege, and fish. Just meat and meat and rice

So recently, about 2 or 3 months back, I started to have an acne outbreak. Weird, it's only on the left side of my face. My first thought is that I should start hunting down the culprit.

I notice that I made a few changes 2 or 3 months back that could've started the breakout:

1) started sailing fortnightly, and it usually involves whole day exposure to sun, from 11am to 5pm

- could be the reason for my breakout, so I took a break from it

2) since I go sailing, I use sunblock as well

- i realise that my sunblock is meant only body use, and not facial. Didn't realise products are made that way, so I bought a new non-comedogenic facial sunblock

3) since it's only on the left side, I thought it could be my sleeping habit of lying on the left side

- so now I change my pillow case everyday, and try to sleep straight so that my face doesn't contact my pillow

4) started using softener

- I read that fabric softener makes acne worse, so I've stopped it now

5) and finally, I've been thinking that it is not healthy of me not to drink milk, so I thought I should get milk somewhere else, and I started eating milk bread with cheese everyday since 3 months ago

- stopped it about 1 month ago

6) been using johnson's baby lotion all my life, on my face, body and hair

- a promoter at pharmacy told me that johnson's baby lotion is meant for body and not face. I dunno why I trusted her and bought a milk lotion from her. Ever since I stopped eating milk bread and cheese a month ago, I've been instead using the milk lotion on my face. I already had acne breakout by then, and I thought applying milk lotion helps.

- I've stopped using the milk lotion ever since I suspect that I have milk allergy

- I don't think I should've trusted her, I read somewhere that some adults use it on their face and helps with acne as well

7) I recently changed my facial cleanser

- now I revert back to the original facial cleanser (oil of olay) that I have been using since I was 12

ok... so I have tried different types of acne cream and cleanser, and they don't work. more and more acne develop on my left side

now even the right side starts to have some but it's not obvious. all these creams dry up my skin a lot. And I don't feel comfortable with them on coz they make me feel itchy during day time

my greatest suspicion is milk allergy, since I don't drink it since young and I started consuming some form of it recently. I can't tell whether the pimple is getting better. It usually disappears within a week, but now it's there for a whole month.

so i started reading this website, and started a detoxing diet, eating only fruits, drinking lemon juice in the morning and night. Started only few days ago. I notice more white heads appear everywhere. But they go away quite fast and new one pops up fast as well. I read some ppl do have breakout during detoxing coz the body is removing the poison from my body, but I dunno how true is it. Can someone tell me the reason behind this? Also, I notice yesterday that acne started growing on my chest. It was smooth the day before.

Then I bought 15% tea tree oil and aloe vera gel. I use cotton bud to apply just on the acne itself.. wait for half an hour then I apply aloe vera gel all over (in the morning, and just before I sleep).

I woke up this morning 'thinking' that it's better. Could be my brain fooling me. My acne haven't felt itchy yet today.

I hope to hear more comments and experience from other users. I hope this is the right forum to post

It could be the milk. I would continue to not drinking it or cheese. I always breakout from sunscreen. So I have to wear a hat. I think your doing all that you can. I would just continue doing what your doing and not stress. When I stress I breakout around my mouth and jaw.

It could be the milk. I would continue to not drinking it or cheese. I always breakout from sunscreen. So I have to wear a hat. I think your doing all that you can. I would just continue doing what your doing and not stress. When I stress I breakout around my mouth and jaw.

thanx. I hope I'm not leaving out anything. I notice all my acne have become smaller this morning.. hopefully it will get well. This is day 3 of my detox diet