Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Healthnuts :D

Okay so theres the anti inflammatory diet that is mainly saying eat low glycemic foods that dont spike your blood sugar...

And then theres this whole PH diet thing telling you to avoid acidic foods. And some of the foods is fish, olive oil, all rices, and pretty much all other proteins that are "suppose" to be good for you...

Whats up with that? And something Im confused about is: Eating protein...

Perricone says eat it with EVERY meal first... and this ph guy says to eat only 15% of it as a daily intake. On top of that is this whole food combining idea. No protein with carbs... protein takes too long to digest and the carbs are quick so it ferments bacteria in your stomach.. okay understood :eh: BUT what about fish and BROWN rice?? Isnt that a protein and a carb together? I always thought that was a great healthy meal...

Whats the deal with all these ideas? Which one is right... if any?

Sincerely,

Totally confused :wacko:

The alkaline pH people get hung up on acidic things and strive to go as alkaline as they can, when really a balance is needed - balance out your acidic things (meat) with alkalinizing things (vegetables). Honestly, it's not that hard, ever hear of beef and broccoli? Some people are just a bit out there if you ever go to curezone.com and read up, like I've heard of a guy slamming down an entire 2 liters of water every morning to have an "internal shower", never mind the fact that your kidneys can't handle anywhere near that all at once. But I digress... I'm a bit hung up on the protein and carbs thing too. But I think it's most important not to combine protein with SIMPLE sugars, as that gives me problems every time like gas. So beef and banannas, out of the question! As far as meat with whole grains like brown rice, I haven't seemed to have too much difficulty. The thing about food combining is that it's mainly for those with weak digestion, if you have a strong system you can keep the rules in the back of your head but don't have to follow them dogmatically.

Now, the more you study diet and nutritional theories, the more you'll realize that it's very much so a highly contradictory thing. The most definite answers are this:

-whole, unrefined foods are best

-no matter what diet you adopt, if you increase fruit and veggie consumption, you'll be healthier for it

-trans fats are out of the question

-refined sugar and refined carbs are bad

-the more you process a food, the more nutrients you lose, with exceptions (tomato paste would be one)

And that's all I can think of...

Yeah I think your right (as always haha) I think by not combining protein with carbs, they mean simple carbs like breads, white rice, chips.. etc. And of course fruits always should be eaten by itself because it contains mostly sugar and digests quickly.

I guess it just depends on the person and how their body reacts to the certain foods. Watermelon is listed as alkalizing, but it also has a high glycemic index... so do you eat it or not? Who gives a crap.. ill eat it haha :lol:

Something I want to add to this without typing a whole bunch of stuff is

As RS said if you have strong digestive power all these things become less important to follow dogmatically.

One very good reason for this is how the digestive system does its "thing"

First of all when you chew food and it goes into your stomach, mixes with HCL and other acids to get broken down into a mush.

Also note that digestion requires a lot of water.

The mush contain plant enzymes if you ate vegetables or fruit, and also mixes with proper enzymes stores by your pancreas. This mush consists of protein and carbs, etc. The mush is pumped thorugh intestines where nutrients from it are drawn out by bacteria (pro-biotics) and the Ville (located on intestinal walls). Water is also drawn out and into your tissues at this stage too.

SO long story short if you had enough acids and enzymes working for you and you've got enough *good bacteria wrking for you, then dont worry too excessively about food combining, PH, etc etc.

Yeah I think your right (as always haha) I think by not combining protein with carbs, they mean simple carbs like breads, white rice, chips.. etc. And of course fruits always should be eaten by itself because it contains mostly sugar and digests quickly.

I guess it just depends on the person and how their body reacts to the certain foods. Watermelon is listed as alkalizing, but it also has a high glycemic index... so do you eat it or not? Who gives a crap.. ill eat it haha :lol:

Well watermelons have a high GI but a low GL... if the GL is low, the GI is regardless.

This is the stance I've taken to food: fruit, vegetable, bean, legume, nut or seed: if I don't have an allergy / intolerance to it, I'll eat it. No matter what anyone says about "high GI watermelon" or "oxalic acid in your spinach", they can't deny this basic fact - it's a hell of a lot better then the processed foods people are so used to eating.