Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been reading this forum for about 16 months and have never replied or posted a topic. From what I can gather, different treatments work for different people and for most of us it takes a long time for anything to work. I have about ten scars on my face, some of them deep and some of them on the surface. I would describe most of them as rolling scars. I have tried laser treatment (really painful and expensive and it did not do much) and various lotions. I have just started using the dermaroller. I have been using it for about two weeks now (not a long time, I know) and I do notice some slight improvement in my scars. I have been down this road a thousand times before....trying something new and looking in the mirror and thinking I am seeing results, but only to find that nothing has changed and it is just my imagination. This time, and I am scared to say it, I think something is different. I have looked at my scars in the worst light (I hate flourescent light!) and they do look better! I also use Palmer's scar serum oil after using the roller. I probably use the dermaroller every other night and put the serum oil on my skin afterwards. I also use the microdermabrasion machine from Neutrogena aswell about twice a week. This weekend I used the dermaroller very aggressively, I kind of bruised my skin and it was red for three days, after it calmed down the scars looked even better (it could be swelling)! I don't know what is going to happen, but I think there is something to this. This may or may not be permanent. I am not saying this will work for you, but it seems to be doing something to my skin. I just wanted to share my story. If others would like to share their own dermaroller stories, please post here.

I was curious about this derma roller. I thought about buying one but you know they have a few different models. I think the one which is more readily available is the one with the very short , tiny needles. I read a few articles which suggest that the medical grade one is more suitable for scars but it seems would create some downtime or alot of redness or swelling. Which one do you have?? Also, do you specificly roll it over large areas or just a few areas? I think I may try one of these in the future.

I was curious about this derma roller. I thought about buying one but you know they have a few different models. I think the one which is more readily available is the one with the very short , tiny needles. I read a few articles which suggest that the medical grade one is more suitable for scars but it seems would create some downtime or alot of redness or swelling. Which one do you have?? Also, do you specificly roll it over large areas or just a few areas? I think I may try one of these in the future.

I have the small one. The one with the small needles. I have a friend who is a plastic surgeon and I am trying to convince her to buy the medical one. We talked about it the other day. She told me that what it does is (she has never used one) is probably reorganize the collagen under your skin. She had emailed Environ for their Roll Cit. I told her that she could try it out on me! I will post on here if that happens and let you know what it was like.

As for the one I use, I just do it on the actual scars. I roll it over the scars about 5 times and then change direction and do it again. I do this on all my scars, I probably take about 7 mins for my entire face. I then put on the scar serum (I have just ordered some copper peptides). On the weekends, when I can let my face be red for a couple of days, I work a bit harder and really push into the scars. That's it! Again, this seems to be working for me and may not work for anyone else, but what have you got to loose? I bought the roller on ebay from a great seller and I got it for $60 and it arrived in two days!! If you go on ebay and just type in 'acne scars', they will list some dermarollers. Some of the listings for dermarollers describe how they help with scars. Try it and let me know what happens to you! Good luck.

*BUMP*

Simongbb7, are you still using the DermaRoller? still seeing results? could you please post an update for us? Thank you.

I want to buy a Derma roller asap..will you please post a link to the ebayer you purchased it from? The only ebayer I found who sells the Dermaroller doesn't have a very good rating and I dont want to get ripped off...Please answer...PLEEEEEEASE????? :cry:

*BUMP*

Simongbb7, are you still using the DermaRoller? still seeing results? could you please post an update for us? Thank you.

I want to buy a Derma roller asap..will you please post a link to the ebayer you purchased it from? The only ebayer I found who sells the Dermaroller doesn't have a very good rating and I dont want to get ripped off...Please answer...PLEEEEEEASE????? :cry:

I went to a "professional" who used dermaroller - the needles were bent after the procedure. Maybe bad quality, maybe wrong treatment by the "professional". According to the producer of the dermaroller the rollers with longer needles only should be sold to "professionals", but they are even sold on ebay! This tells you everything.

I ordered a roller at clearskincare, a roller for home-use. Cheaper and in my opinion better quality - the needles did not bent.

You dont have to go to a "professional", they only want to make money. You can roll daily or every second day on your own, according to the instructions.

Environ cahregs several hundred $ for rollers!!! Do you know how much it costs to produce such a tool? Maybe one or two dollar in a developing country... BE CAREFUL and dont let them play with your pain!!!

Luckily I had good results with the skin roller, for me scars are no problem anymore. But it takes time, be patient!