Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melodie

I just don't get it!

You guys ever wonder why the hell do we have acne when we eat so healthy,exercise,carefully wash our face everyday, and there's all these people that drink and do drugs and they have flawless skin! A friend of mine from highschool did herion and crack for a while and she has literally flawless skin,I even asked her what she washes her face with and she told me what ever soap is near by, I barely ever drink and my skin breaks out all the fuckin time! Also a couple guys at my work do crystal meth, smoke pot, drink and do other drugs and they all have clear skin. I'm not wishing acne on them, but i'ts depressing when I work so hard to look good and be healthy but I still break out noticably bad!

You guys ever wonder why the hell do we have acne when we eat so healthy,exercise,carefully wash our face everyday, and there's all these people that drink and do drugs and they have flawless skin! A friend of mine from highschool did herion and crack for a while and she has literally flawless skin,I even asked her what she washes her face with and she told me what ever soap is near by, I barely ever drink and my skin breaks out all the fuckin time! Also a couple guys at my work do crystal meth, smoke pot, drink and do other drugs and they all have clear skin. I'm not wishing acne on them, but i'ts depressing when I work so hard to look good and be healthy but I still break out noticably bad!

I hear ya...I've pretty much given up alcohol entirely, basically only drink water and green tea, don't smoke, excercise everyday, eat tons of fruits/veggies, have cut back on sugars etc etc etc and I still have the worst skin at work! Ack!

I hear ya...I've pretty much given up alcohol entirely, basically only drink water and green tea, don't smoke, excercise everyday, eat tons of fruits/veggies, have cut back on sugars etc etc etc and I still have the worst skin at work! Ack!

edit:beer is a diaretic

is ok i still drink and smoke weed drink it up man is a diaretic cleanse your system and ish but drink mad water to balance it out just dont smoke that crack crack

personally I'd rather have acne over being addicted to meth or coke or any other drug like that... the first thought that popped up in my head though was that maybe those drugs are so bad for you that they actually kill any bacteria that could cause acne.

I don't think an example of 3 people who use/used drugs and have clear skin is enough to make a broad generalization about lifestyle and it's effect on skin!

I have crabbed so many times about people, in general, who do not have to pay any particular attention to their skin, and it is always flawless. I guess chalk it up to "good genes".

personally I'd rather have acne over being addicted to meth or coke or any other drug like that... the first thought that popped up in my head though was that maybe those drugs are so bad for you that they actually kill any bacteria that could cause acne.

Agh, god. That's the LAST myth people need to get started. :lol:

Those people are just lucky with their skin...Their brain, on the other hand...

I know a girl who started partying all the time.. and then became extremely addicted to meth.. had to go to rehab 2-3 times and took her about a year just to get off of meth... and each time I seen her in school when she was addicted... she had flawless glowing skin... and this year, she still has amazing, glowing skin. I don't know how people do it.

Strange, most people on meth have TERRIBLE complexions and even worse, it often ruins their teeth.

To be honest, my skin was its clearest in high school, when I was out a lot, smoking and drinking at parties with friends. When I started focusing on my future, and getting serious at college, I stopped smoking and drinking completely. I now eat and live cleanly. I exercise and train with weights. Still, my college years were my worst for my skin. However, the genetic factor can not be left out. My mom's skin issues were their worst in her college years as well. So I attribute it to a mixture of stress and genetics. I'm improving gradually, but it still bothers me to suffer from breakouts in my mid 20s. I can't even imagine having acne in my 30s like some people here do. Hopefully my outbreaks will trail off with time like my mom's did.

Holy shit.

You guys have been reading my mind, I swear! When I watch the TV show 'Intervention' I always think...why the F do all these crackheads/hoes/tweakers have nice skin?

Irony, I tell you. :evil:

Perhaps you should lay off the weed and go to some English classes. There is a thing called punctuation.

u should stop critizing me and smoke some weed u need to relax there was no reason for you to attack me (esp in an internet forum) and i aint in english class and i aint in a position to talk properly to you or n e one here as a matter of fact sh*t u aint paying my bills u aint my client why the heck should i talk to u like u someone of importance, dunny please i'll type even more gutter to piss u off !?,.""' omg i used puntuation marks improperly thats blasphemy

take a joke if canabis breaks you out stop, now if u want to continue on because i do so then heck thats on you

the point i was trying to make to the poster was that if u dont drink often and u still break out y not go and have some fun let go and drink when the occasion arises and see where it goes from there....

Pintsize - Seems I have hit a nerve. Sorry to poke fun about your lack of punctuation. My sarcastic nature sometimes take over. Please forgive me.

Now, I do support your attempt to aid a poster with your response. However, I do not support any drug use and never will. That is not a judgemental criticism, as you wish to believe. I , personally, have seen what drug use can do to a person. I have a brother that nearly ruined his life with "just a little weed" so I am not speaking from the "holier than thou" podium. It is from personal experience. You and I will never see the same way on this, so let's just drop it there.

As for drug use with regard to acne, it depends on one's individual make-up as to whether or not they will break out. It doesn't seem fair, but that's the way it goes. I don't get it either.

Pintsize - Seems I have hit a nerve. Sorry to poke fun about your lack of punctuation. My sarcastic nature sometimes take over. Please forgive me.

Now, I do support your attempt to aid a poster with your response. However, I do not support any drug use and never will. That is not a judgemental criticism, as you wish to believe. I , personally, have seen what drug use can do to a person. I have a brother that nearly ruined his life with "just a little weed" so I am not speaking from the "holier than thou" podium. It is from personal experience. You and I will never see the same way on this, so let's just drop it there.

As for drug use with regard to acne, it depends on one's individual make-up as to whether or not they will break out. It doesn't seem fair, but that's the way it goes. I don't get it either.

will not quite, i lost a very dear friend and mentor. he commited suicide due inpart to his cocaine addiction. you are not being judgmental at all you are speaking from your heart. i can truly respect and relate to that . how you cannot support every drug, i cannot support certain drugs, drugs with serious addiction capabilities and withdrawal syptoms.

i.e. crack/cocaine, opiates, meth, ketamin, nicotine

i think there are also too many factors in play when trying to pinpoint the exact thing that ruined a person's life. it could have been my friend's cocaine addiction or it could have been his divorce 6 years earlier, his son being taken from him through social services.

i'm not here promoting drugs either, it is ones personnal choice. i hope any person who decides to experiment with any drug llegal or illeagle to take the time and research on the particlar effects u will be subjected to.

like deciding if u should chose accutane as a treatment for acne know the risks if there are any

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/M...es/photo_8.html

That is the BEST. THING. EVER. :lol:

My uncle did meth...Should see his teeth...They're brown, rotted, falling out...Half missing...:lol: He finally quit because he realized when he does it, he spends all his money on it and nothing else (not even food), but he's still addicted to it...He said if I put some in front of him, he'd smoke it without thinking.

Crazy.

Holy shit! That faces of meth thing very scary! I guess the people I know that did it or do it have been lucky cause they don't look like that. But besides Meth, I know plenty of other people that drink all the time or do other drugs and they don't have acne. It doesn't look like those meth addicts have acne though it looks like sores. Probably from picking at imaginary bugs.

I was just going to post how long term meth use seriously messes up peoples skin/teeth etc but you guys beat me to it.

for everyone you know that does drugs/drinks there are 1232132131231312 people you dont.

Im sure lots of people that have acne do drugs and drink they just dont have signs on their foreheads that say I am an addict.

I drink a lot (more than I should) and I have horrible skin.

Im also pretty much vegan.

too bad the two cant balance eachother out! ha.

I know what you mean though...its frustrating seeing people with flawless skin and wondering why you cant have it.

Rather than feel spiteful or jealous I found it much more convenient to deal with the anger and depression of looking in the mirror to see what new "visitors" appeared, to just do the drugs too. If it was as easy as "just say no" nobody would do it. By the time I was 30 I'd taken a whirl with most every popular drug that didn't require a needle. While we focus on, and condemn, the illegal ones first, with all the users I've seen none died from coke, speed, pills or weed. Oh, their lives are no doubt shortened, and the quality diminished. I look at "extreme makeover" before pictures for dental work and wish my teeth compared. However two people I worked with died a few years ago from drinking, and at least 3 others will be dead in a year or two on their current course. I haven't touched alcohol in about 7 years now. So if you are quick to look down at "druggies" but go home to a sixpack or a bottle, let me break the news to you- laws don't always follow ethics, sometimes one evil just has a better lobbyist or PR team. Your family will cry the same whether your liver gives out or you meet another demise.

At age 44 I've probably made more progress with the substance abuse than I have with the acne. I stopped caring though in my 30's. Acne in adults, like the kind I (and I assume most of you) get, the deep, painful cysts that often last months to really disappear are really a psychologically devastating thing that society wants to look away from. Then again, so is drug abuse. So don't look at your using friends with contempt or jealosy- their painful eruptions are on the inside. They're all demons, human faults, as for mine, I'm holding my breath to see what happens first: will drugs lead to premature death, will the acne stop, or will I stop the last of the habits. Even odds?

I don't mean to depress or sound whiny because as I said I stopped caring. My problems are nothing. Anyone see the MTV special about people with deformities and their attitudes? One was the young man who looks like a "human half torso" and there's nothing down from about what you and I call a belly button. Not only was he the most popular guy at the prom, not once did he look unhappy.

I always wished I could do as many pullups in gym class as he can, and a guy I know with no acne but $5k worth of hair plugs and wears shoe lifts always complains if only he was 6'2" like me and had my full head of hair, all his problems would be solved. He's right.

You would think that smoking (anything) would just make your skin breakout. I mean they sit there in clouds of smoke all the time! You think it would have more of an effect than just pre-mature wrinkles! I don't understand how their skin can stand all that smoke just sitting on top of it. Has anyone seen a house that previously had been smoked in for years..the walls are stained! Black! You can see where their pictures hung on the wall! That's so disgusting! I mean look what it does to your insides you think it would do that to their skin too. Just amazes me...