Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkinBeingaDouchebag

IsTheFaceMakeupSupposedToMatchYourNeckEXACTLY?

When i went to sephora this lady did my makeup for me, said it matched my skin color so of course i bought it. Spent between 70-90 dollars :boohoo:. This is one of the few sunny days i get, so i looked in the mirror and noticed it didnt macth me exactly, my neck is always more yellow. So uhh yea, just answer the question :ninja:

Guest flutistgurl26

well... I don't know about you but, there's no way I would eb walking about wearing makeup that made me look two-toned. It really does not to blend in and ESPECIALLY match your skin color or else it just looks really fake and freaky. I wouldn't want someone to come up close to me and be like "are you aware that your neck is a differnt shade than your face??????". Good luck

oh and... that's A LOT OF MONEY for make up, by the way. I would make sure it matches PERFECTLY for that crazy price!!

Oh fuck, i think i'll have to go back to sephora and ask them for another makeover. And make sure the lady who did it last time is not there, i dont have any more money to spend :(:(

well... I don't know about you but, there's no way I would eb walking about wearing makeup that made me look two-toned. It really does not to blend in and ESPECIALLY match your skin color or else it just looks really fake and freaky. I wouldn't want someone to come up close to me and be like "are you aware that your neck is a differnt shade than your face??????". Good luck

oh and... that's A LOT OF MONEY for make up, by the way. I would make sure it matches PERFECTLY for that crazy price!!

i would just go to a drug store and get a good foundation if i were you. Neutrogena Skin Clearing makeup and Neutrogena Visibly even are great, very belndable, and natural looking. Go open up a couple and test them on your neckline. See if it blends nicely. If your makeup is just a little dark you could try adding some moisturizer to it to lighten it up. If it's too light, add some bronzing powder. But seriosuly, you can get some GREAT foundations and other makeup at the drug stores for a fraction of the price in departments stores.

i would just go to a drug store and get a good foundation if i were you. Neutrogena Skin Clearing makeup and Neutrogena Visibly even are great, very belndable, and natural looking. Go open up a couple and test them on your neckline. See if it blends nicely. If your makeup is just a little dark you could try adding some moisturizer to it to lighten it up. If it's too light, add some bronzing powder. But seriosuly, you can get some GREAT foundations and other makeup at the drug stores for a fraction of the price in departments stores.

What would i have to get to look like you :D

Also, whats the ratio of mixing liquid makeup and moistrizer? When ever i do it, it smells, very very bad :shifty:

it doesn't have to match EXACTLY ... but if it's a lil bit darker then it's okay, as long as it's not very visibly showing. if you aren't happy with it and feel as though it's a little off, then it prolly is, so i would suggest going back there and getting a shade that you're happy with. :)

Take the foundation back. Visit another counter & avoid that same lady. Drugstore...nothing wrong with it but to get good match have another counter lady find one for you. I dont want someone putting their finger in drugstore foundation to test it...not sanitary.

AAGHHH!! I have the SAME DAMN PROBLEM!! my neck always looks more yellow. No matter what foundation I use. I currently use Fair from EM...not a perfect match, kinda not even close..too dark. and fairly light is too pink and golden fair isn't all that great. I just try and put the makeup on my neck too and then not worry about it. but its still aggravating.

im sorry i have to say that is one of my biggest turnoffs when girls have make up on and u can their neck dont match theirface is like u put too much on your face and created a lil mask of makeup ehhhhh

that and fresh tans in the middle of winter dng girl u kno u aint tanning naturally in the winter

Yes. Yes it must match exactly! I really dig MAC. They have a massive range of colors. Next time, make sure you bring a mirror with you. Try on 2 or 3 of what you think matches the closest. Apply it to your jawline and go outside. The one you can't see is the one you take home. Natural light is the true test.