Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alex91402

washing face

hey does anyone know how many times to wash my face?? my derm told me to do it once in the morning and once at night, but i go to school now, and sweat throughout the day, so, i wash my face for a third time in the afternoon.. so i wash my face in the morning, afternoon, and night.. is this too much ??

PLEASE answer. thanx

Well it might not be too much for your skin. The best amount IS twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, because otherwise too much washing can irritate skin and produce more oil which will then cause more breakouts. However, everyones skin reacts differently and if washing your face after school as well seems to be okay on your skin then go for it. Just be sure and use a GENTLE cleanser so you arent using SA, BP, or facial scrubbers too often.

I would say that if you wash it after sweating at school, you shouldn't use soap. Just splash it with water. 3x per day with soap is a bit much.