Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Detoxifiant

What worked good for me

*EDIT* - Accutane has serious side effects, wish I never took it.

I've had mild/moderate to severe acne since around senior year in high school. I figured back then that it wouldn't get bad or that it would just go away over time but after two years i realized i had a better chance of dating Jessica Alba than having that happen.

I tried proactiv and that just made things a hell of a lot worse and made my mild acne become severe. I went to a derm who offered me Minocycline and Evoclin foam. This worked well but took 2-3 months before any results and did not do much for chest and back acne. After about a 6 months term using that stuff i quit my job and lost medical benefits so i had to get off the drugs. My acne came back pretty quickly and more severe than before. I found this board and used some of the pointers people have on here.

Drinking/eating very little dairy helps ALOT for me at least

Not eating peanuts and peanut butter does wonders

Use a different towel for your face and body

Change pillow covers at least once a week and try not to sleep on your face

Highly alcoholic vodka like 160 proof DS drank on weekend actually made my skin look better come Monday. Though the day after i felt like a trainwreck.

NEVER touch your face. If you have to, wash your hands with soap first.

This all worked pretty well and i got a new job with new benefits, and got back onto mino/evo while doing all the above. My chest and face acne is almost all gone and healing nicely, my back still could be a bit better. I think do to working out is what is causing my back to stay in rough shape. My derm offered me accutane to try and get rid of this sh#$ one and for all which i will be starting the 14th. I am crossing my fingers on the side effects, especially hair loss redface.gif .

Glad to finally join the board, Cheers!

~~SO

Edited by Sketchy One

Highly alcoholic vodka like 160 proof DS drank on weekend actually made my skin look better come Monday. Though the day after i felt like a trainwreck.

lol sometimes when im out drinking all night my skin does appear better in the morning which is wierd because alcohol slows the blood which leads to flushing of the skin and usually breakouts.

but my skins totally cool with alcohol like plain vodka and spirits?

if only the same could be said for chocolate :(

QUOTE(starrybabe21 @ Sep 12 2006, 11:43 AM)

Good luck with accutane smile.gif

Im sure you will be fine wink.gif x

Thanks, I can't wait to start it so i can go back to stuff i had to cut out like eating peanuts and sleeping on my face and not worrying about it. Sleeping on your back is so uncomfortable!

holyhandgrenade,

It is funny how the alcohol works. It does seem like it would be a bad thing but your skin just feels and looks so much better afterwards. I think they should do a test on this. Not only could it help acne sufferers but the people testing the theory would enjoy it. That sucks with chocolate i am fine with it, i just don't like it really.

Edited by Sketchy One