Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dejaclairevoyant

New supplements causing breakout?

I just started taking SAM-e supplements (for depression, joint and liver health) and Im now taking Jarrow brand probiotics as well. Im experiancing a breakout. My acne has been pretty under control but I suddenly got a bunch of new cysts, all around my jaw and hairline.

Can starting a new supplement regimen cause a breakout? The SAM-e said it was supposed to help the liver heal, so I was thinking maybe this breakout was from toxins coming out? I want to stick with the SAM-e. Also could the probiotics do this? Ive always heard they were supposed to help acne but I dunno. Ive been taking them because I think I have candida.

Just wondering.

PS. Im also on Dans regimen which usually keeps my acne pretty under control..

I just started taking SAM-e supplements (for depression, joint and liver health) and Im now taking Jarrow brand probiotics as well. Im experiancing a breakout. My acne has been pretty under control but I suddenly got a bunch of new cysts, all around my jaw and hairline.

Can starting a new supplement regimen cause a breakout? The SAM-e said it was supposed to help the liver heal, so I was thinking maybe this breakout was from toxins coming out? I want to stick with the SAM-e. Also could the probiotics do this? Ive always heard they were supposed to help acne but I dunno. Ive been taking them because I think I have candida.

Just wondering.

PS. Im also on Dans regimen which usually keeps my acne pretty under control..

If you have yeast overgrowth, yes probiotics will cause break-out this is totally normal and is called Herxheimer's Reaction(die off reaction). It will subside once the yeast is eliminated.

I hardly ever get cysts and sam-e broke me out with cysts. Probiotics dont break me out.

Interesting. Maybe it is the SAM-e. It seems to be calming down a bit now, maybe my body is just getting used to it. I really dont want to stop taking the SAM-e. Or it could be a combination of both.