Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else hate looking at mirrors or anything reflective because of what they might see....I have pretty good skin now but even when i go to the bathroom at school i dont look in the mirror when i wash my hands worried taht i might see something and become self concious about it...and then walking to my car i dont look at my r eflection in hte window...Its really annoying but i feel better when i have nothin to be self concious about..that i know of...

Yeah. The mirrors at my school are the worst. It makes me go around school thinking I look way worse than I actually do because of the freakin' lighting. It makes me so mad and self conscious :evil:

Guest PurpleHaze1

Whoo another mirror thread!!! I love it lol. Yes everyone here hates looking in the mirror. I cant stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate looking in mirrors, even the ones in my bathroom. The mirrors at school are okay, though, because the lighting in the bathrooms there are pretty dim.

I swear, I'll never get sick of these mirror threads. :cool:

How about them car mirrors? I looked in mine today while I was removing my makeup(yeah, I couldn't stand how it looked today, I had to take it off) And oh my god, I swear I wanted to break that freakin' mirror, who cares if I get 7 years of bad luck. :(

I agree...I hate mirrors, especially the magnifying ones, and also the ones in harsh lighting, like the public toilets, shopping centres, etc. GRR!

Does anyone else hate looking at mirrors or anything reflective because of what they might see....I have pretty good skin now but even when i go to the bathroom at school i dont look in the mirror when i wash my hands worried taht i might see something and become self concious about it...and then walking to my car i dont look at my r eflection in hte window...Its really annoying but i feel better when i have nothin to be self concious about..that i know of...

me and mirrors are enemies!!!!! dont like them! I avoid looking in a mirror as much as i can coz i often get really upset with what i see in my reflection...not nice lol! I think the worst mirrors are those in changing rooms....it gets really gard trying to avoid looking in the mirror when u have to look in it! lmao!

But i agree....i also feel better when i dont have somethin i know of to be self conscious about lol!

i think the worst mirros are the reaer vission mirrors in cars. i dont know though sometimes i think we look better to ourselves in a mirror than we do to everyone else. if you look at someones face you really can see every little detail. if you look in a mirror sometimes you cant really see everything that you know is there.

don't get me started on mirrors... :evil: i do anything to avoid them when i'm out if i can help it. Funny though, the mirrors in my house are okish.. they sometimes make me look like a total different person and then i catch my reflection by accident outside and i'll be like who the hell is that... *run back to my house to hide away in darkness* :( mirrors are conspiring against us. Oh and i agree with Laura- changing room mirrors are evil!! It's hard to not see yourself when there's a mirror 2 inches away from you, from floor to ceiling..and with a fluorescent light over it, aaaagggh :sick: one time i went in the changing rooms to find that they had put mirrors on every wall of the cubicle thing. I felt like i was going to die =l cause you had nowhere to look but at YOU. Geez, just seeing someone else looking into a mirror nearly gives me a panic attack, i wonder what it's like to see yourself and not feel like killing yourself, just seeing 'you'. :doh:

mehh wastingdaysaway, i used to be like that, looking into mirrors to check that i hadn't smudged my makeup or whatever but when my skin got way worse well i just can't bear the thought of it anymore :doubt: wish i could go backkk

don't get me started on mirrors... :evil: i do anything to avoid them when i'm out if i can help it. Funny though, the mirrors in my house are okish.. they sometimes make me look like a total different person and then i catch my reflection by accident outside and i'll be like who the hell is that... *run back to my house to hide away in darkness* :( mirrors are conspiring against us. Oh and i agree with Laura- changing room mirrors are evil!! It's hard to not see yourself when there's a mirror 2 inches away from you, from floor to ceiling..and with a fluorescent light over it, aaaagggh :sick: one time i went in the changing rooms to find that they had put mirrors on every wall of the cubicle thing. I felt like i was going to die =l cause you had nowhere to look but at YOU. Geez, just seeing someone else looking into a mirror nearly gives me a panic attack, i wonder what it's like to see yourself and not feel like killing yourself, just seeing 'you'. :doh:

mehh wastingdaysaway, i used to be like that, looking into mirrors to check that i hadn't smudged my makeup or whatever but when my skin got way worse well i just can't bear the thought of it anymore :doubt: wish i could go backkk

what the hell is that in ur display picture HAHAHA

aw, yeah i don't know, i always have to look at myself in the mirror and keep reminding and reassuring myself that my skin looks alright

i think i'm the only one on here who likes to look into mirrors. i ALWAYS have to constantly look at my face in the mirror to reassure myself and to see if i hav any new pimples/

i do that also. sometimes it makes me feel better and sometimes it makes me feel worse but i always look in the mirror.

i just dont like car mirrors.

I'm really clear at the minute, but I still avoid looking in mirrors when possible. If I do need to check something, then I go right up close to the mirror and just check that one area out. That way I don't have to see the state of my skin. I probably look in the mirror a lot less these days due to the fact that spots are a rarity on my face and I don't panic all day!

i dont know though sometimes i think we look better to ourselves in a mirror than we do to everyone else. if you look at someones face you really can see every little detail. if you look in a mirror sometimes you cant really see everything that you know is there.

*shudders* ..what a scary thought.. EVERY DETAIL yikes.. im gonna pretend that's not true

i dont know though sometimes i think we look better to ourselves in a mirror than we do to everyone else. if you look at someones face you really can see every little detail. if you look in a mirror sometimes you cant really see everything that you know is there.

*shudders* ..what a scary thought.. EVERY DETAIL yikes.. im gonna pretend that's not true

the mirrors suck but the wors reflections are off the actual window itself.....dammm :shock:

i have a love/hate relationship with mirrors. i MUST look at myself in them... yet i hate the way i look