Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I have pretty severe acne and a couple months ago I got a pimple on the bottom of my eyelid. I think I stupidly tried to pop it, just because it looked so bad, but its still sort of there only now my eyelid might be a little bit scarred and it doesn't go all the way up so easily. Essentially, my one eye always looks half closed despite the other one. I've managed to say, its okay, my acne will eventually go away and maybe I'll be attractive then. But this eyelid thing completely ruins my looks. There's always more "sleep" on my eyelashes around it and it never seems to go away and I look like there's nerve damage there when really its just that my eyelid is swelled in such a way that it can't recede.

Is there any procedure to fix things like this? Laser surgery or something? I'm not sure if there's a scar there or what but its just destroyed my opinion of my self for the last few months. Has anyone had a similar thing and know that it eventually heals and goes back to normal?

- Peter

Hi,

I have pretty severe acne and a couple months ago I got a pimple on the bottom of my eyelid. I think I stupidly tried to pop it, just because it looked so bad, but its still sort of there only now my eyelid might be a little bit scarred and it doesn't go all the way up so easily. Essentially, my one eye always looks half closed despite the other one. I've managed to say, its okay, my acne will eventually go away and maybe I'll be attractive then. But this eyelid thing completely ruins my looks. There's always more "sleep" on my eyelashes around it and it never seems to go away and I look like there's nerve damage there when really its just that my eyelid is swelled in such a way that it can't recede.

Is there any procedure to fix things like this? Laser surgery or something? I'm not sure if there's a scar there or what but its just destroyed my opinion of my self for the last few months. Has anyone had a similar thing and know that it eventually heals and goes back to normal?

- Peter

Ouch! sounds painful.....Have you been to a dermatologist? It might be that you need a course of antibiotics....I would be careful about anything around your eye...

good luck!

If it's SWOLLEN, then there's likely an active infection underneath, regardless of how red it appears on the surface.

Active acne is always swollen, so don't touch it anymore! You don't want to look like a 50-something-year-old monster with wrinkles and acne pock marks like me, do you?! Get your hands off your face and eyelids. The infection is likely to heal, so don't attempt something stupid like picking at it which will surely make you look like Frankenstein's experiment!

Don't put a lot of weird things on your face, either, whether it's natural or chemical. But by all means, keep the area clean and cleanse with mild soap.

Well, like I said, its been a few months. I haven't touched it, its just like the fact that it was there at all has altered the contour of my eyelid just enough to hang differently from the other one.