Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

If you have tried Lac-Hydrin Five lotion.........

Please post your comments here!

If you have tried, or are currently using Lac-Hydrin Five, we want to hear from you!!

Does it keep flaking away?

Does it keep your skin adequately hydrated?

Does it go on well over the BP? (which BP brand are you using it with?)

Please add any other comments you may think are pertinent.

Dan and I were talking and he is considering adding this lotion to the "official" recommended products list, so we want to get more people's opinions.

Also, if any of you want to give it a try and report back to us, we'd love to hear your opinions on Lac-Hydrin Five.

Thanks!

Does it keep flaking away?-i have had no problems with this.

Does it keep your skin adequately hydrated?-i feel that it does. I don't need much since I have oily skin, but I definately don't feel it adds to that.

Does it go on well over the BP? (which BP brand are you using it with?)-i like how it goes on. I use dan's bp and have never had problems with the lac-hydrin five going over it.

I did the like eucerin, but if it had one flaw it was that it could get greasy, from the spf I'm sure. The lac-hydrin five seems to absorb much better. It is a little thicker than the eucerin, which was kinda runny. The long and short of it.....I like it. I was glad I picked it up. I would definately reccommend it to anyone, even though it doesn't contain spf. It goes on smoothly and absorbs nicely.

Yes, it did.

Yes, I was using this for 1.5 week and it was great. I had to stop using it now because I'm testing ACV, and combining both might be too harsh. For people who have sensitive skins, I wouldn't recommend them using it during the first month into the regimen.

It's very light, and a thin layer on top of BP was perfectly enough for me.

First few days, it stungs me really bad and turned my skins slightly pink. It got a lot better after that though :). It's totally nongreasy, shiny, and still hydrates my skin.

I have been using Lac-Hydrin Five for about 2 months now and I love it- so far it has been the best moisturizer I have found.

To answer Brandy's questions:

I still find I am a little flaky immediately after washing my face, but the moisturizer eliminates the flakes immediately and leaves my skin hydrated throughout the day (and overnight after the night application).

Absolutely- I do not need to use a lot- with this product a little goes a long way, but I have not found it to make my skin overly oily.

Yes - I use Dan's BP and have no problems at all.

This is by far my favorite moisturizer to date. Still waiting for Dan's, but this will work well until then. :)

Keep in mind that i have only been using this stuff for 1 week. if anything changes i will edit this.

Does it keep flaking away? yes...very very well

Does it keep your skin adequately hydrated? yes and not too oily.

i use dan's bp and it goes on very smoothly.

i also really like that it dries quickly which makes my makeup application even quicker.

i wish it had spf:(

Hmm... I just made a post asking for advice about the flaking around my chin. Never occured to me that it could be this. Even so, after applying the Lac-Hydrin my skin is pretty well hydrated.

Definitely.

I haven't had any problems with this. However if you put a lot on, it can start to feel a bit greasy.

This is my first AHA product so I really don't have anything to compare it to. I also just started CSR about a month ago, and I use Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner during the day when I use Clean and Clear Morning Glow instead.

i currently use 3 moisturizers

i use eucerin skin renewal (my favorite one outta the 3 i use)

lac-hydrin 5 is my 2nd favorite

cetaphil is my 3rd favorite

i usually switch between eucerin and lac-hydrin

I've been using it for about a month and a half now.

-Does it keep flaking away?

Yes. I'd switched to the (awful) Eucerin Extra Protective after my Skin Renewal ran out, and my face had started flake by the time I decided to try something else (probably the ZO not allowing the Extra Protective to moisturize properly, or let the AHA work well). The Lac-Hydrin Five pretty much fixed that in about a week, and flaking hasn't reoccurred.

-Does it keep your skin adequately hydrated?

Yes, I use about 7 pumps after the BP (I attached the old pump from the Skin Renewal bottle to my Lac-Hydrin bottle, works pretty good). Even with a lot, there's no greasiness and it absorbs nicely.

-Does it go on well over the BP? (which BP brand are you using it with?)

Works great with Dan's BP for me.

In some ways, I like it even better than the Eucerin Skin Renewal, especially as a night lotion, and there's zero white residue when sweating, but it is a bit thicker, which can make it uncomfortable for about five minutes.

The main disadvantage is the lack of a SPF version, but apparently it's not easy to combine a good working moisturizer with effective sunscreen.

For anyone looking to try it without buying the big bottle at Walgreens (at least mine only had 8oz), I found a 4oz bottle at Meijer (if you have them), for not much more in price/oz.

I called a "Safeway" pharmacy to order it for me, & it came in one day.

I've used it twice now.

It stings, even though I've been on the regimen for almost 8 months. I'm not sure if I'm using too much, but it seems to turn my face a bit red. It also makes me a little bit shiny. From reading up above, I guess it goes away after a week of use.

Can someone who likes this product please tell me HOW MUCH to put on? I'm putting about 2 whole fingers... too much?!

I'm using Dan's CSR cleanser & BP.

Glad to hear you are trying Lac-Hydrin Five.

Two whole fingers seems like way too much- which may be why you are having problems with stinging, redness and shine. I use just under a nickel-sized "glob", and add a little more if I run out. With this moisturizer, a little goes a long way.

Another tip- on Dan's instructions for moisturizer, he says that he uses "slightly less moisturizer than BP" and I think that is a good rule of thumb. You can always add more to areas that are drier.

Good luck, and I hope Lac-Hydrin Five works well for you! :)

yea, I agree ^

I use about 2 pea-sized blobs for my entire face. This is enough to hydrate but not feel heavy and shiny.

I tried out just putting little blobs on the tips of my fingers. This helps out with the stinging/pinkish hue alot. Thanks!

It still makes me shiny though. I don't know how to describe my skin! I am dry, but oily (shiny)...

This might be because I'm coloured... & it shows up on me, more than white people.

I use those oil-blot sheets all the time, but it's kind of a pain/embarrassing, especially b/c I'm a guy! Can any of you recommend the best/cheapest oil-blot sheets? I hear that you can use STARBUCKS napkins because they don't leave anything behind. This would be a FREE option with just taking a whole bunch of napkins from them... but I don't want to try it just in case I break out in acne all over again... after the time & effort of this damn regimen!

For blotting off facial oil you can use any clean dry napkin. It doesn't have to be anything special as long as it is clean and dry. I've used paper towels, napkins, blotting sheets, etc. Others have mentioned cigarette rolling papers, and those little papers that you wrap your hair curlers with when getting a perm in your hair. And even some people have mentioned using those toilet seat protective papers in public restrooms. I've never used them, but others get them and then cut them up into small squares or rectangles and use them to blot oil.

Does it keep flaking away? Yes, my neck was very dry from applying to much bp on it. In one application it feels very smooth not dry at all and took away the flacky type upper layer of skin kinda scallly to the touch.

Does it keep your skin adequately hydrated? Over all I feel smooth and well hydrated after applying this lotion.

Does it go on well over the BP? (which BP brand are you using it with?) Yes it does go over well no residue or tackyness. I use crs bp (but dan's bp will go well with many lotions in my oppionion).

Well I have only used this lotion twice hehee i bought it on thursday today is saturday. I bought it because of the reviews form here. I like it. It is not greasy at all. It didnt burn me. It mousterize's great. It help me with a very dry neck in one application. Actually right this moment i am benefiting from the effects on my neck it was bothering me just earlier now it feels great. :clap:

Some information I'd appreciate is opinions about it's shinyness, especially compared to other moisturizers (in my case, Cetaphil). So, if anyone has any comparisons, that'd be nice.

This is also more of a general question, but it sort of fits here, is whether one can use a lotion with a slight amount of AHA (such as Lac-Hydrin) and a product such as Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (which as 10% glycolic acid), which I use nightly. It sounds like this moisturizer does a good job of moisturizing, but I like my 10% AHA.

Also, for those using it as a night lotion, what are your reasons for not using it during the day?

Thanks for any help.

Does LHF help with clogged pores? These are driving me crazy!! I can't wait to try a lotion that may help them. (I can't right now, my skin is not ready, I'm not at the full amount of BP yet)

Some information I'd appreciate is opinions about it's shinyness, especially compared to other moisturizers (in my case, Cetaphil). So, if anyone has any comparisons, that'd be nice.

This is also more of a general question, but it sort of fits here, is whether one can use a lotion with a slight amount of AHA (such as Lac-Hydrin) and a product such as Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (which as 10% glycolic acid), which I use nightly. It sounds like this moisturizer does a good job of moisturizing, but I like my 10% AHA.

Also, for those using it as a night lotion, what are your reasons for not using it during the day?

Thanks for any help.

It is much less shiny than Cetaphil, imo.

I would not use it with that AHA lotion unless you are only using the AHA enhanced lotion to spot treat. But I definitely would not rub them all over at the same time. That would probably be too much.

Some people are only using it as a night lotion because it doesn't have any spf and they are using something with spf for daytime use. Also some people may only use it once a day because people with sensitive skin can sometimes not tolerate twice a day use of an AHA lotion, so they may alternate it with a "normal" moisturizer.

Please post your comments here!

If you have tried, or are currently using Lac-Hydrin Five, we want to hear from you!!

Please add any other comments you may think are pertinent.

Dan and I were talking and he is considering adding this lotion to the "official" recommended products list, so we want to get more people's opinions.

Also, if any of you want to give it a try and report back to us, we'd love to hear your opinions on Lac-Hydrin Five.

Thanks!

Hey Brandy! I just bought Lac Hydrin 5 and im excited to use it. Im currently using NeutroHSFL with and without spf (for day and night respectively).... Should i continue using the NHSFL spf during the day and use Lac Hydrin at night? or maybe somethin less harsh during the day with spf, like Nuetro Oil Free spf 15? Im excited too see this moisturizer gettin such good reviews! i used to use Eucerin skin renewal and really liked it, and im glad another Lactic acid moist. is back on the market :clap:

thanks in advance

mike

ps: the Lac hydrin five doesn't specifically say its for the face.. is this the right one i bought???

You can use it at night and continue with your NHSFL spf product for daytime use if you want to, that's fine. Or you can use it twice a day, just be mindful of the lack of spf in it.

If it is a big white bottle with a green lable, then yes, you bought the right one. On the back of the bottle, on the back lable it says that it is safe to use on the face and especially formulated to not clog pores or cause acne.

I started using Lac Hydrin Five about two weeks ago. I was on the regimen for about two months using Purpose Cleanser, Dan's BP and Cetaphil lotion, but I started to get flakey even with the Cetaphil (my face would start flaking around noon and get worse if the weather was bad... and it's really painful to watch this happen!).

Lac Hydrin burned a bit the first few days I put it on. Not terribly, but still unpleasant. It took about three days for all the flakeyness to go away, but it's been gone ever since. I use it both in the morning (with a sunscreen) and at night and it keeps my face nice and comfortable. I had no problems putting it over BP, except for the initial burning but my face got used to Lac Hydrin very quickly (my face is very sensitive so I was afraid about this) and now it feels like any other lotion. Hopefully my face will stay flake free from now on.

Lac Hydrin will absorb into the skin much better than Cetaphil and I think most people will like that. I was so used to Cetaphil, though, that I'm a little disappointed to stop. I might end up combining the two somehow but I'll definitely continue to use Lac Hydrin, because I'm too afraid the flakes will come back and this seems to do the trick.

Overall I think it's pretty nice. :)

I started using Lac Hydrin Five about two weeks ago. I was on the regimen for about two months using Purpose Cleanser, Dan's BP and Cetaphil lotion, but I started to get flakey even with the Cetaphil (my face would start flaking around noon and get worse if the weather was bad... and it's really painful to watch this happen!).

Lac Hydrin burned a bit the first few days I put it on. Not terribly, but still unpleasant. It took about three days for all the flakeyness to go away, but it's been gone ever since. I use it both in the morning (with a sunscreen) and at night and it keeps my face nice and comfortable. I had no problems putting it over BP, except for the initial burning but my face got used to Lac Hydrin very quickly (my face is very sensitive so I was afraid about this) and now it feels like any other lotion. Hopefully my face will stay flake free from now on.

Lac Hydrin will absorb into the skin much better than Cetaphil and I think most people will like that. I was so used to Cetaphil, though, that I'm a little disappointed to stop. I might end up combining the two somehow but I'll definitely continue to use Lac Hydrin, because I'm too afraid the flakes will come back and this seems to do the trick.

Overall I think it's pretty nice. :)

what sunscreen do u use over the LacHydin5 during the day, and how/when do you apply it?? im still undecided on what to do about day time moisturizing since i live in hawaii and EVERYDAY is sunny.... well almost... hehe

I decided to try the Lac-Hydrin Five after reading up on it here on the boards. I used it last night and all day today... and it's been great! I realize I'm going to have to give it a few more days at least to be able to tell if it's really working as well as I think it is, but, man... this stuff is so incredibly much better than the Cetaphil lotion! (Which I got, since Dan recommended it.)

The Cetaphil left my face hideously greasy and tacky, like I'd rubbed a piece of bacon on it or something. >_< I used it for about a week and then just couldn't stand it anymore!

But I felt a difference the very first time I used the Lac-Hydrin Five! It absorbs so quickly, and doesn't leave my face oily at all! And as far as I can tell, it's moisurizing just fine. :) In fact, my face feels smoother than it did before already. It burns just a little right after I put it on, but that fades quickly. I'm thinking my face might get used to it after a few days anyway and it won't burn anymore?

So far, I adore it. :dance:

I might give it about a week and see how it's going, then let you know if I still love it as much as I do right now.

As for sunscreen, I'm using the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunblock for faces. (It goes all the way up to SPF 55! Though I'm using the 30.) It doesn't leave my skin oily, and I can still wear makeup over it. (I put it on after the Lac-Hydrin absorbs, then put a little makeup over it.) :) Then again, I only use it on days I know I'm going to be in the sun quite a bit, which isn't every day.