Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christa

accutane. Initial breakout questions. Thank you

I am seroiusly beginning to consider accutane. I am so sick of acne. It feels like it's ruining my life. I just want to know if the initial breakout is really bad. Ok say that somebody has no zits, not me but let's take it to that extreme, and they go on accutane will they still get the bad inital breakout. I hear so many stories about the initial breakout being worse than their face has ever been. I've never had a cyst before and I'm really nervous that if I was to take accutane I would break out reaaly bad. Also I have super-oily skin. Right after I wash it it's fine but by the beginning of second block I can put my fingers to my nose (I know not to touch your skin) and they are very shiny. If I wear cover-up which I don't anymore (except the treatment kind directly on the zits and red marks) it was pratically dripping off of my face!! Do I sound like I should go on accutane. Thank you (sorry it's so long)

The initial breakout can be bad. I would say that I had 6-10 big whiteheads all over my face. It dies down quickly though. If you are really worried about it, you might want to consider starting on it at a time like on school vacation or holidays. THen you won't have to worry about people looking at you. Just be careful not to pop one of them or rub it when you are washing your face. I got 2 scars from the initial breakout.

plat when did you get your breakout?

I'm on my 2nd week. Fearing the breakout! I had a small breakout this weekend, hopefully that was my initial breakout but i'm doubting it...

If you don' thave ANY cysts Accutnae isn't for you

i never had an initial breakout, as soon as I started taking it the acne just stopped. The only thing wrong with accutane isthat the redmarks from it last forever after you take it, and my lips were dry as hell.

Guest Crooked I

How long do the red marks last? Do they take longer to fade for an accutane user?

I had a bad breakout for 2 months but now i'm 99% clear(month3).

When u're on accutane u're skin is very sensitive and fragile and also the healing process is slower than usuall.I also believe that if someone(like me)has closed comedones for years its possible to break out even at the very end of the treatment.If its moving back your life just take the pills and let them do their magic.

Damn. I'm almost done with my 2nd week and broke out pretty badly. I had to pop the whiteheads but they weren't those 'flawless' ones that heal within 2 days. sad.gif

hopefully this'll be my last bad breakout