Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The search for a good (or at least decent) moisturiser continues..

I have some questions:

Why are oils bad in a moisturiser? I just read about a new one (Danish brand) containing deionised water, Beewax, apricot kernel oil and rosemary-, cucumber and aloe vera exstracts, vitamin A+E, AHA and sun screen (UVA filter)

So far that is some of the best I've found, but would the apricot kernel oil ruin it if used with the CRS?

And another thing: It is a creme, not lotion. I read somewhere that cream will only keep the skin surface moist (and oily), but that it won't be absorbed beneath the skin.

I hope someone has some answers, because on this area I feel... dumb :wall::)

oils could break you out, if you have oily skin. One or two oils shouldn't be too bad. Just don't get one that has a lot of oils in it. As for the creme vs lotion, I'm not to sure about.

Some oils are comedogenic, some are not, and the quantities they are in also will make a difference. If it doesn't break you out, then use it. Oil-free moisturizers can even have non-oil comedogenic ingredients in them, though I'd say generally they are less likely to than a moisturizer that doesn't bill itself as such.

Ok thanks to you both. I checked the ingredients on that site (what's it name) www.zerozits.com or something. The oil seems ok - so I'll try it. I think!

Any other comments about the cream vs. lotion and gel?