Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SP0RK

1 1/2 Months

Hi, I've been on the regimen for about 1 1/2 months now and my acne has really died down. It is hard to tell though because when you look at it in the light there is heavy scarring and red marks so it's almost all the same. I can tell the difference though when I'm in the shower or washing my face because my skin is a lot smoother when I am washing.

The regimen I've consistently been using is this:

-Shower in the morning, during which I wash with both Purpose and the CSR cleanser. It may seem overdrying but it has been working for me.

-Apply Complex 15 to my face about 5-15 minutes after.

-Apply Dan's BP Gel after the moisturizer. I know it's recommended to moisturize after the BP and not before but this is what I've been doing and it has really worked for me so far and I don't want to jeopardize the results I am seeing so far.

*I do these steps twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I try to keep them as close to 12 hours apart as I can so that there is not a period of the day/night that I am not protected.

That being said, my acne has really cleared up from where it was before although I would not consider myself 100% clear. With my results so far though I don't think I am too far off as long as I stay consistent. My largest concern now is all the scarring, pits, and red marks. In the mirror and under light it is very evident of the trauma acne has caused to my skin. It LOOKS as if there have been no results at all because the scarring and red marks are that bad, but I don't have nearly as many active pimples as I did before.

What could I do to maybe speed up the healing process of these red marks and scars so that my face could LOOK as great as it is feeling? If waiting it out and letting it heal on its own is the best option than that may be what I have to do but I am just wondering if there is a SAFE alternative or precaution I could be taking to maybe speed it up. The red marks and scars are what bug me now more than any of the minor pimples I get now.