Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One of the ingredients in my cleanser (Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish) has Cocoa Butter listed as the third ingredient and i've been told it's a very comedogenic (pore-blocking) ingredient.

Is this true?

Would it matter if it's just in my cleanser?

Thanks for any comments. Lee.

You know, I think cocoa butter is known to block pores, but oddly enough, I know a lot of girls with beautiful complexions who use it on their face. My sister uses it and her skin is quite supple... if I use it, my skin would break out.

If the cleanser is working for you, then you're okay, is my logic.

One of the ingredients in my cleanser (Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish) has Cocoa Butter listed as the third ingredient and i've been told it's a very comedogenic (pore-blocking) ingredient.

Is this true?

Would it matter if it's just in my cleanser?

Thanks for any comments. Lee.

I think it is - try the www.zerozits.com website and the list of comedogenic ingredients. Not everyone agrees with the list. You could also try the cosmeticscop website (Paula Begoun(sp?)) and see what she says about it in her ingredients list.

Personally I, as an acne sufferer, I would never knowingly pay for and use ANY products that are known to be comedogenic, although it can apparently take a while for the product to cause a problem. What's really annoying is that she plugs that product as helping to reduce acne. However, each to their own and if you haven't had a problem there probably is no need to give it up.

I've been using cocoa butter on my face along with Retin-A Micro at night and it's evened out my skin tone so much and made my skin softer. I've been using it for about a year (although I just started Retin A under two months ago), and if anything, it has helped the appearance of my skin.

It is known to clog pores, but many acne prone people use it and it is fine.

If it does not bother you keep using it I hear it is good for red marks.

I'd love to try it, mabe I will, but I am one whos skin breaks out very easy from stuff like that.

Maybe I'll spot treat some marks to see :think:

Yeah, JodieM, you have to try stuff or you won't know if it works for you or not. I think the initial period when you start using a new range of skincare products can be difficult as you skin is getting used to it but perservere for about a month and hopefully your skin will be accustomed to it!

Lee.

Guest blackheadben

hmm, I used cocoa butter at one time for the dry skin around my eyes. Of course, it didnt break me out cause there are no pores by your eyes, but it did give me really bad dermatitis. My eyelids literally cracked when I blinked! If it doesn't bother you or break you out, just don't worry about it.