Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Freaking Regime

Question: All the advised amount of BP cream to go on one area of the face takes about 15 min to eventually work into the skin and sometimes it refuses to accept all the amount and it lingers on the surface.

I've been on it for 3 weeks, acne isn't a problem as its gone....its just the damn red/brown marks, if some one invented something to get rid of them quick (i know smoothbeam etc...but something that at a reasonable cost) thats where yhe gold mine is.

Question: All the advised amount of BP cream to go on one area of the face takes about 15 min to eventually work into the skin and sometimes it refuses to accept all the amount and it lingers on the surface.

I've been on it for 3 weeks, acne isn't a problem as its gone....its just the damn red/brown marks, if some one invented something to get rid of them quick (i know smoothbeam etc...but something that at a reasonable cost) thats where yhe gold mine is.

1) red/brown marks are NOT scars so no point directing him there

2) there will always most likley be a small ammout of bp residue left on yer skin

ok! theres a few thing you can try:

Tape method

the art of sticking sticky tape on yer face, then pulling it off - genlty of course biggrin.gif

Lemon method

8 glasses of water a day, each glass with one tea spoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice in

Vitamin supps'

Taking vitamin C and zinc supplements mayhelp some what

Good luck! biggrin.gif

Cause they will go in time, I have lil red/browish marks over my face, some have gone totally - others are taking a little longer, but will go in time. scars are for life, I've got scars on my arms that are 2/3/4+ years old and will be there forever unless some laser or other treatment is used biggrin.gif

edit: whoops missed the point #-o I'd call them a pain in the ass! well, just marks actually, go to google.com and image search 'acne scars' you'll see the difference between scars and a few marks O:)

ahhhh I see what you are talking about....lol....I think we are talking about two different things.

When I referred to red/ brown marks as scar, I actually meant acne scar. In medical term, "scarring" refers to a fibrous process in which new collagen is laid down to heal an injury.

....but your defination of scar is....more like: Keloids & hypertrophic scars, Ice Pick scars, surgical scars or even tattoo. And you are right, those heavy scars need medical treatment.

For those red and brown acne scar or mild Atrophic scars (flat, thin scars), they will heal over time. Some treatment might be helpful such as Dermabrasion, Glycolic acid, or hydroqunione cream* (need to be extra careful with this one). They are not cheap.

hmmm , i find the same issue with my BP. Although my main problem area is my forehead, i still use it all over my jawline and chin area because i still get occasional zits down there too.

what i notice is that once the bp starts to get absorbed into my forehead (yeah, takes like 10 minutes 8-[ ) , it starts to get a little less easy to rub around, and in my attempt to stay gentle with it, i think some of it begins to dry up, leaving me with that residue of which you speak of (yup, annoying). I'm sure if i began rubbing real hard when it starts to get hard to rub would work, but that would be kind of rough.

however, this problem is virtually inexistent on my chin/cheeks. the Bp absorbs much nicer there for some reason.

i've been on the regimen for 4 weeks now, and i havent found a solution to this. any ideas?

What kind of bp are you all using? I use the recommended Neutrogena On-the-Spot bp and I find that it rubs in just fine. I use about 2 fingers length worth of bp as shown and it seems to go in without leaving any residue. Are you only doing one spot on your face at a time like Dan suggests? If not, it could be drying on the surface as you start taking care of another area of the face. Or perhaps I may be rubbing the bp in a little bit harder then you folks, but I try to be very gentle with it as shown in the video.

I use the N. on the spot bp.......it does rub in eventually but because we have to use so much it just gets spread about on the areas that its not needed.

And when i go to put on moisturizer (neutrogena non oil) it turns my face white as it lubricates the bp (yes yes i rub the bp all into my skin) and then i have to scrape it off with toilet paper.

As for the red brown marks.....for the last 2 months i've been on zinc and multi vit, im now drinking loads of lemon water and green tea, plus about 5 carrots a day......= its not helping